Beuchat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

boogeywoogey

Contributor
Reaction score
I have a question...and a cooment leading up to the question..

I have beuchat iceberg vx 10s.....they are the toughest and best first and seconds aI have ever used, I got them because I used to dive under the ice.

I moved to the Caribbean and now I cannot use them because. I have circumvented every rule to get the parts and now they are serviced but it took me 13 months to get the bits, call in favours....why?

These regs are heavy duty and, in my view beat any set up.

I am not happy that I cannot use these regs on all my valves. I am having to go scubapro which, as we all know, the breathing gets soupy after 40m.

Is there anyone in the caribbean that can supply, service and do it well, beuchat...best regs ever.

boogey

My Scubapro stuff doesn't breathe soupy at 40+m when I dive - and no ice diving for me! But anyone would agree I definitely don't fit the definition of 'everybody' as well.

Worked great for me last year on both Bonaire & Curacao, among other warm water destinations. True whether I'm using either my MK25 or MK20 firsts, or my D400, S600, or G500 seconds. Maybe you're not getting decent service on the equipment you tried from Scubapro??

These folks don't have the problems you mention with Scubapro - but they're a little north of where you're at I suppose.

http://www.divetech.com/

oh...you havent breathed a vx 10 at depth then...then you will know the others do actually feel soupy...lol

I just ordered 4 Mk25 /S 600 regs....soup adjustment is possible but I will not take those regs in cold water.any more...nice as the are.

boogey

I'm thinking of mailing my Beuchat to techdivinglimited.com.

Here is my experience with "top of the line" Beauchat regulators. I have four Beauchat VX-10's. So far, three of the four have spat parts out through the environmental pack, along with the oil in the capsule.

One went while standing on the rocks at Peacock, one went while kitting up on the back of the truck there, one went while setting up for a drysuit dive at Terrell.

When contacted, Beauchat's repair people had the immediate attitude of: "What did you do wrong?" Not, how can we help you! (Info: All were kept within proper pressure limits, and all were factory seviced.)

I would be happy to give these xx@**##xx pieces of **** to my worst enemy, but I certainly would not sell them to anyone I cared about.

Just my personal experience. If you like them as regs, well, best of luck to you!

evad:
I'm thinking of mailing my Beuchat to techdivinglimited.com.

No problem. Order up service on our website -- put em in a box and send em over. We can turn them around realtively quickly. Beuchat regs are easy to service and take a good beating too!

Cheers

JS1scuba:
No problem. Order up service on our website -- put em in a box and send em over. We can turn them around realtively quickly. Beuchat regs are easy to service and take a good beating too!

Cheers

Joel,

I'm going to do as you say, because I trust you. Your reputation is excellent for both service and technical excellence.

After the way the Beauchat tech reps treated me, I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw the Astrodome!

As for the regs themselves, so far I can tell you from my personal experience that they can HAND OUT a good beating, but they sure CAN'T TAKE IT! :11:

Rob

boogeywoogey:
oh...you havent breathed a vx 10 at depth then...then you will know the others do actually feel soupy...lol

I just ordered 4 Mk25 /S 600 regs....soup adjustment is possible but I will not take those regs in cold water.any more...nice as the are.

boogey

Ahh - as you see, both I and the link I posted has nothing to do with cold water diving - which is why I'm not included in the 'we' in your first post. I have never had Scubapro 'soupy' breathing on the dives I've used the equipment. My Mk25/D400 combo was so dry during my recent trip to Saba and Statia I'd have to crack my lips around the mouthpiece just to wet my whistle a bit during the dive - and easy breathing too. When I switched to my S600 for variety the same was true.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom