Beuchat

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hello all,

Warm water....thanks for the replies....I was talking 40+ with surface temps at, just above or seriously below zero centigrade.

Nice to hear someone else has had a bad experience with Beuchat. I have finally decided to throw them away due to the whole servicing issue and attitude of the Beuchat network.

I did order a load of Scubapros for the new two twinsets and stages but for my single tank diving (with pony/stage) for fun.....my wife has said she would buy whatever I wanted to replace my "sacred" Beuchat....so my question:

1. Apeks?
2. Poseidon?
3. Atomic?
4. Aqua Lung?

I already have an Apeks atx 50 on one of my pont bottles...never tried the rest and would not limit responses to those above.

I need a high performance reg for all temps and depths....comments welcome.

Cheers all.

Merry Christmas.

boogey

You could ask DA Aquamaster regarding Scubapro MK17 and various Scubapro second stages - he'd probably recommend a D400/D350/D300 but they're currently not in production. He does considerable cold fresh water diving.

The only Aqua Lung rigs I've owned / dove with were Titans which I'm passing along to friends who moved to St. Croix this year and started scuba diving - good brownie points for us when we go to visit them (soon). I don't think these Titans would be great performers much beyond 50 meters depth though. The environmental kit handles the cold water issues for the first stages.

I've never owned nor dived with Atomic or Posiedon regs.

Parts availability may be a consideration

You may want to check out the UK scuba magazine gear reviews. I find they're not shy about putting their dislikes in print, which I admire. They also address cold water performance in their reviews typically. The group test articles give decent ranges of opinions from the test crews.

http://www.divernet.com/index.shtml

Hope Santa brings you the toys you're looking for! Parts availability for some brands you've listed may still be more difficult than for some of the other brands you've listed.

warmwater,

Much of the problem of the UK divers (and I admit the same) snobberry. I am an ice and cavern OHE diver....no qua;ification but thats what we do...
I have given up on Beuchat. I have 6 scubapro mk25 s 600 for my new deco rig.reasonable cold water rigs....

Merry Christmas.

Cheeese

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom