Beware scammer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grantmac

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I "bought" a Cuda 650 from "Jeremy Keith" in Maryland. Looks as though I've been scammed.
He knew enough and had a decent enough online presence to be very convincing.

Scooter looks like this:
1000002001.jpg

Pretty distinctive so hopefully someone else avoids lost money.

Hopefully you used a payment method that let's you get a refund.

Oh man... I was about to buy this scooter last week. Offered $850 and he agreed. My friend urged me to stop the transaction before I sent the money--apparently Cuda scams were a thing. I double checked the ad and decided it was not safe. Red flags:

- In the US we rarely say "RRP" which is "recommend retail price." We use MSRP. Plus, retail pricing on an old, outdated scooter is not _that_ useful. I've seen people mention RRP in the UK, India, and other countries.

- The seller clarified what DPV was in a DiveX FB subforum. People who are there know what DPVs are.

- There was no argument about dropping the price to $850. There was no the usual "let's split the difference."

- He said that the scooter had ~20 dives on it. That is BS given the pictures.

- In the screenshots I've received - I am not on FB - the description said "metal propeller." Who says that? You'd state something like "upgraded to an alum prop" or something along those lines. Also, I thought - not sure - Cuda 650s had plastic props.

- A reference to battery upgrade in EU as opposed to NA third party sellers.

I am sorry this happened to you. I should have posted here about my experience... Did you update FB?

Oh man... I was about to buy this scooter last week. Offered $850 and he agreed. My friend urged me to stop the transaction before I sent the money--apparently Cuda scams were a thing. I double checked the ad and decided it was not safe. Red flags:

- In the US we rarely say "RRP" which is "recommend retail price." We use MSRP. Plus, retail pricing on an old, outdated scooter is not _that_ useful. I've seen people mention RRP in the UK, India, and other countries.

- The seller clarified what DPV was in a DiveX FB subforum. People who are there know what DPVs are.

- There was no argument about dropping the price to $850. There was no the usual "let's split the difference."

- He said that the scooter had ~20 dives on it. That is BS given the pictures.

- In the screenshots I've received - I am not on FB - the description said "metal propeller." Who says that? You'd state something like "upgraded to an alum prop" or something along those lines. Also, I thought - not sure - Cuda 650s had plastic props.

- A reference to battery upgrade in EU as opposed to NA third party sellers.

I am sorry this happened to you. I should have posted here about my experience... Did you update FB?

The cuda did have a metail X prop option when they came out, they had big flat blades and are worth a decent chunk of $$$ by themselves these days.

The cuda did have a metail X prop option when they came out, they had big flat blades and are worth a decent chunk of $$$ by themselves these days.
I did not know that. Thank you for the info. It just sounded odd. The entire ad was effing odd. Who says **** like "the coolest looking?"

Yes scammers abound while F.B. and Big double G suck in the revenue with no nefas mention of any kind

Back
Top Bottom