Big banner ads?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glbirch, basically thats how they catch you... their scripts check that the ad loads properly by sending something back... nothing back, no page. If you just alter the image it may not be as easy to catch although the ethical issues are still three. People blocking popups however are very easy to caught so if you don't see a few sites that may be why.

Tech Admin:
glbirch, basically thats how they catch you... their scripts check that the ad loads properly by sending something back... nothing back, no page. If you just alter the image it may not be as easy to catch although the ethical issues are still three. People blocking popups however are very easy to caught so if you don't see a few sites that may be why.

Thanks again. I have a certain amout of faith in my software, and if a couple of sites aren't happy with me I weigh that against the hundreds of sites that tick me off with the garbage they try to stuff down my throat. I have no problem supporting a site like this but I don't think I can get granular enough to allow ads from this IP through. I will take a look though and make a pinhole if I can.

Ethical issues. Heh. The way the internet has been going the last couple of years my personal ethics have taken a beating.

I use stealth ray and it is wonderful. It stops ALL pop-ups and yet with one click I can enable it on certain sites.

NetDoc:
I use stealth ray and it is wonderful. It stops ALL pop-ups and yet with one click I can enable it on certain sites.

Uh-oh, big brother is watching.

You caught me. I'm just too lazy to check all the subtle and cool features of my software.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom