Big Island/Kona diving...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hope im not thread jacking - Are there any locals in the Kailua area who do guided shore dives?
The big dive operators run shore dives by request, at least some do. They also have locals who dive regularly with them and they may be willing to set you up with one. There are smaller operators who would probably accomodate a shore diving request as well. Google should find them.

IS there a thread on the board to hook up with others for shore diving on the Big Island? I will be there 13th-16th and woudl like to shore dive as well as dive with Jacks.....

Thanks !

The sea horse farm is cool, the tuna farm for KONA BLUE is also interesting as well as a don't miss for the volcano. The observatory trip is interesting too. A trip to the coffee plantations is also of interest. If you are trying to stretch your travel dollars many of these things can be done for free or a small cost.

I dive everyday for three months at a time off the West side of the big island from the airport to Southpoint. It doesn't look like much chance for beach diving in this area. Honu and Jack's are the two operators I'd pick, bigger boats. Ask for a rate on several dives. Since airfare has gone sky high, tourism has fallen on the island. People are more willing to make a deal. If you do the manta dive, try to book with a shop that will give you a rain check if no mantas show. We got our first blowout in 8 months a week ago. We tried 2 nights that week. Choose a shop that goes to the Sheridan and the airport sites. Ask about the manta reports for the last few days for each site.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom