Big Knife on BC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sorry, but a more macho question would be, how much lift do I need for my knives.

Let's see, we have the DIR divers, Dork Divers... how about the Frogmen Divers. The only entrance criteria is that you have a knife larger that 10" and non split fins. If you are gonna whine that your fins are too stiff, then you need to do a couple of squats to fix the problem... (snorkel optional).

I carry a small knife because I want a knife that I can lose and not feel too bad about it. And I dive with splits.:mooner:

So how many knives will I need to take 12 pounds off my belt?! :11:

Just one...

Large%20Knife.jpg

I carry EMT shears, but I don't depend on them. I have had 3-4 of them break when using them as the rivet will fail due to rust. I have never had my SeaHawk fail me. If you want my SeHawk you will have to pry it from my cold dead fingers.

One of the things that I find most useful about a bp/w is that a dive machete can easily be placed between the plate and the wing. This frees up you leg and waist straps for multiple bang sticks.

Back
Top Bottom