BIG NEWS! Ikelite housing for the Sony RX100!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

so my questions are as follows:
1. how good is the auto flash kit? wouldnt you get backscatter with the interal flash firing in a clear housing?
2 are you able to use non ike strobes with the auto flash?
3 seem you can get to all the major controls with one hand?

my concerns are around external strobes. looks like the ike housing would be great for a newbie without any prior equiomqnt or someone with ike strobes. i have two non ike strobes so it might be more costly to get into a ike setup rather than the other two rx100 housings.

This camera will only work with optically fired strobes, in fact this favors non Ike strobes. So it should work fine with any strobe, again that can be fired by optical cable. If it has a TTL function even better. You can just use electrical tape to mask inside the housing to block light from the onboard strobe.

So I think Ike is a good option at it's price point. Don't have the housing in hand yet but in general Ike housings require you to take one hand off the handle to make adjustments.

hopefully, inon will make an adapter for mounting FO cables like they did for the ike S100 housing.

Nice timing on that one...I just ordered the Recsea housing for the Sony RX100 and the shop told me they would have it on Monday October 1st, price $1100...Good news, I will also be billed October 1st, so it's not too late to change the order. I was OK paying that amount given the Recsea reputation, the housing seems bullet proof and I definitely want the amazing RX100 to have a suitable underwater home. I will be using the equipment pretty much daily so I'm just wondering if the Ikelite can handle heavy usage. If you were diving every day taking shots, would you go Ikelite or Recsea? For $700 more, is the Recsea worth it?

much cheaper than the inon ike adapter :)...i think i paid 10,000yen for this when i had my S100

INON NEWS: Accessory for Ikelite PowerShot S100/S95/S90 Housing

chile here is the link for the sync cord: Strobes :: Sync Cords :: Fiber Optic :: 10Bar Inon 2M F/O Sync Cord -
Duel Strobe Version Strobes :: Sync Cords :: Fiber Optic :: 10Bar Dual Inon-Velcro F/O Sync Cord -

For those with the budget Nauticam does make a great product, while we have not dove the housing we have tested it in the shop. Rock solid, smooth controls, very suitable for cold water divers and very compact.

Back
Top Bottom