Big waves!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

xoomboy

Reaction score
Well, the water may be a little too rough today to head under for some of you, but the bodysurfing is unbelievable over here in Nahant! Chest high, set after set, yeeeha!!

Course, Ali thinks I'm completely insane now, and I have seaweed in my ears...but it's worth the adventure :)

Matt

It was almost glassy at Niles beach on friday, and the vis was a whopping 25+ (I could see the surface from the bottom). Too bad there wasn't much to look at.

Body surfing is a blast!

Today we went to Stage Fort Park. The water was calm but the visability was really bad, like 1 foot. Creepy. It was a beautiful sunny day. After the first (and only) dive, we had a few fun waves to body surf. Made the dive worth it.

This was my first dive at Stage Fort Park. Still don't know what sea life there is to see. All I saw was my buddy's tank and lobster bag amid the dark blue and brown water.:snorkel: :snorkel:

No doubt. But I'd go out sometime just to body surf the waves. It's getting pretty cold for dealing with a wet wetsuit afterwards, though.

pkatzman once bubbled...
This was my first dive at Stage Fort Park. Still don't know what sea life there is to see. All I saw was my buddy's tank and lobster bag amid the dark blue and brown water.:snorkel: :snorkel:

Msilvia and I found a pretty nice rock reef out at Stage Fort a few weeks back. Lots of critters, and plenty o' bugs. It was just a little dark out to be taking bugs... expecially considering the fact that Kevin the Game Warden has a tracker on my car :)

Now Spektre, don't tell me you haven't been measuring the bugs at water's edge, as any law abiding diver would :)

-Roman.

I was up at Niles with Mass Bay Divers Sunday.... We tried a few spots before we stopped at Niles. A couple guys coming outta the water said there was nothing but sand. We ended up going to Valentino's.

I wanted to try out my new BC, but I couldn't convince the girlfriend to don her suit :(

With the wild weather forecast for this week, I'm resigning to hanging up the reg for a while, but I think my wetsuit and fins need a little love.

Anyone interested in playing in the waves on Thursday? Or anyone have any suggestions for the best sites to find the biggest waves?
:bounce:

Unfortunately, I'll be attached to this computer on Thursday...

Catch a big'un for me!

Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom