Bikini Atoll

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AquaTec

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Anybody been to Bikini. I have been envited to go on a trip there, and i was wondering if anybody has been and how their trip went.

I have heard many roumers about no penetration on the wrecks etc.

does anybody have first hand knowledge

A friend of mine is heading out there in a couple days, going to be doing the DM, instructor, gear tech thing.
From what I understand, there is penetration for the folks that have the interest & experience.
It looks to be a heck of an interesting dive site, with a pile of history.

They are all cave divers and got to do penetration dives after the DM checked thier skills.

I'm looking to go in June let me know how it went

Hallmac

You have to be overhead enviroment certified (and that does not mean Padi Wreck!) plus you also need to have enough of you to make up one of the teams to do any decent penetration - weren't enough qualified on my week (including me!).

Otherwise there is some basic pentration - still see the light of day stuff on a couple of the dives. One on Sara and one on the Arkensaw I believe it was. Plus the hangers on Sara of course on 3 or 4 of the dives.

But then you knew that because I'm sure you've asked that before and were just trolling :eek:ut:

Jonathan

My old LDS back in Michigan, (Sub Aquatics Sports & Service) has went there two maybe three times. You could contact them with any questions. Rick Sass ownes the store and would be happy I'm sure to answer any questions. There website is www.sassdive.com. Or their email is info@sassdive.com. They have a link on their website with pictures; http://www.sassdive.com/bikini_atoll1.htm
Hope this helps.

Jeff "Great lakes diver"

Jonathan once bubbled...

But then you knew that because I'm sure you've asked that before and were just trolling :eek:ut:

Jonathan

Johnathan. i got the same email that you probably got from Simon in Guam....it has peeked my interest and was wondering if anubody has actualy been there..

yes i know you have been there, but you didn;t do the kind of diving i want to do...was wondering if anybody has.

what the heck am i trolling for besides information

I was only pulling your leg!

No didn't get that email from Simon - if it's a penetration job he knows I'm not certified to the levels required by Tim (i.e. cave or IANTD wreck or equivalent).

Must drop him a line and find out what's going on - I know he is working with Kevin Gurr to try and get IANTD UK sorted out and on it's feet but is still the rep for Micronesia (from Slough in sunny England!!)

Jonathan

I didn't know Simon was still in England, I will be there for a month in April, and will be spending some time with Kevin so I will look up Simon while I am here as well.

you did pull my leg by the way!

Simon is working quite closely with Kevin I believe so you should bump into him. Also I think I have his UK number somewhere if you want it.

Jonathan

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom