how long is El Nino expected to last?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jsyteng

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi All,

Looking to book a trip to Cocos in Fall 2024 . . . . but been hearing El Nino is here. Does anybody have an idea of how long it's expected to last? Been a dearth of info on scubaboard as well as the web. I guess these things are hard to predict. Nevertheless, would love to hear views on if I should pull the trigger or hold off. Thanks in advance for your help!

Look at:

Still a guess, tho, altho from folks who are far smarter than I am on this subject.
It is far better than a guess. It is based on computer models and intensive research for four decades. It says 60% chance of returning to neutral conditions by April-June 2024. I'd go with that "guess."

It was a strong el-Nino, and that means it lasts 9-12 months. It came around march 2023, so it will be gone around march 2024. Just a normal phenomena.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom