Bill OReilly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

texdiveguy

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
....one strange cookie in my book. :shakehead

I'm embarrassed that he is a fellow graduate of Harvard... he acts more like a Yalie. He's entitled to his political positions, but the way he treats other people is what really bothers me about him.

Suppressed anger issues over the propagandized crap he spouts. On second thought, living within his own limited cognitive abilities, he probably believes it.

I don't think we can talk about this.

But...I like him and Geraldo, and really enjoyed their last yelling match where they duked it out about immigration. They are both very passionate...shook hands at the end. I actually learn a lot on that show. One example of something I learned? Illegal immigrants have a lower crime rate than US citizens. I honestly think they present both sides more than any other news show.

But, Laura Ingram is my all time favorite. But...I like listening to anybody opinionated, on BOTH sides. NPR, the problem is it's too flat and makes me sleepy. Are they all on prozac? Some very good information on that show too, but it is not lively enough.

It is important to get your news from a number of sources, I try and skip around. The Beltway Boys are very cool, if you like friendly and civil.
The Korean stations? I even watch that...then I flip over and get mesmerized with the "Jimmy Swaggart Stations"...now that is interesting because they are getting more and more political. I never realized he sang and played the piano..I am flat out fascinated with people of all types, and listening to what they think and why.

Charlie Rangle and Chuck Schummer are original thinkers too. (two I love from "the other side")

Suppressed anger issues over the propagandized crap he spouts.
I agree he seems latently angry at times. But ROSIE! Check her out lately? I predict her days are numbered..heard her called "the wrecking ball mouth" the other day.

I’ll make only one point. He is first and foremost an entertainer. Like most other on-the-edge pundits, their musing and bombastic behavior are for our enjoyment first, information last.

Dave

yes, but imagine a world full of Rosie's and no Bill...

Agreed Rosie is out there .. Unfortunately some people do not realize that it is entertainment,and not news, neither fair nor balanced. Calling it news is comparable to calling wrestling a sport.It is sports entertainment and The Factor is news entertainment. This show is only a bit more news oriented than inside edition.

Rosie and Bill are equally wrong just on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Teamcasa:
I’ll make only one point. He is first and foremost an entertainer. Like most other on-the-edge pundits, their musing and bombastic behavior are for our enjoyment first, information last.

Dave

I was trying to explain that to my parents. I think some people actually believe he's using logic.

I've always believed that the puppets from the right like Rush and O'Reilly,and the puppets from the left like Bill Maher, Al Franken and others don't always believe the stuff they spew, but feel the need to contradict the other side, and go as far to their political leaning, as the other side goes to theirs. Honestly, if Rush said the proper way to do something was to take 5 steps to the right, Al Franken would call him an idiot and say it's really 5 steps to the left.
Rosie on th other hand is just "out there" all by herself. A few french fries short of a Happy Meal.
The scary part is, some people don't realize these puppets are entertainers first, and believe everything these people have to say as if it's gospel. That's real scary!
C-Dawg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom