Bit the Equipment Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott Riemer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
After great comparison, research, and deciding, I made the purchase. My dive buddy Chris Walrod also bought the same equipment.

Purchased from LDS-

ScubaPro Knighthawk back inflation BC with Air2
ScubaPro MK25/S600
ScubaPro Mini SPG
Pressed Steel E7-100 (on back-order)

Purchased from Scubatoys.com-

Aeris Atmos 2

My LDS doesn't carry Aeris Computers so I didn't support them with that purchase. But with what me and my buddy dropped in the store that day, I don't feel guilty about buying what I wanted for a great price.

Now I can't wait to get it wet!!

All good choices. You will get a lot of opinions on the AIRII. Some like 'em and some hate 'em but you bought all good quality gear.

Enjoy!

Scott

Scott Riemer:
After great comparison, research, and deciding, I made the purchase. My dive buddy Chris Walrod also bought the same equipment.

Purchased from LDS-

ScubaPro Knighthawk back inflation BC with Air2
ScubaPro MK25/S600
ScubaPro Mini SPG
Pressed Steel E7-100 (on back-order)

Purchased from Scubatoys.com-

Aeris Atmos 2

My LDS doesn't carry Aeris Computers so I didn't support them with that purchase. But with what me and my buddy dropped in the store that day, I don't feel guilty about buying what I wanted for a great price.

Now I can't wait to get it wet!!
Congratulations! Except for the Aeris computer that is pretty much the setup I have been using for the past few years. As Scott said you will hear a lot of opinions on the Air II but if it safely works for you then it works for you.

I don't know enough to eval the gear. I just bit that bullet too...
-Legend LX
-Vyper
-Ranger LTD
-Ocean Master Titanium Knife
-UK eLED8 Light
-Mythos Mask
- No Tank Yet, still reading boards for other opinions...

- It Hurts the wallet, but no more rentals.

Scottri - That picture for your avatar almost qualifies for a coke alert...I bust out laughing when I saw that thing :D

Nice set up. After you have made some dives, post what you think of the Knighthawk. Im considering it for my next BC.

Don't lose your warranty cards. You will appreciate them in a year when you do your annual service.

I have an Air2 also. Dont forget to practice with it every now and then.

My fiance's dad has got a knighthawk he wants to sell (he switched to bp/wings). If you really, really want one, I could get you more info on it.

Yeah I caved too.

Zeagle Escape with Air 2
Scuba pro MK18/G250
Xcel 4/3 infiniti wetsuit
atmos 2 wrist mount

Multiply that by 2 because the girlfriend needed gear too.

Sounds like you did a lot of research, Scott.

We too 'bit the bullet' and purchased our own equipment. Primarily the safety factor, but after a couple of bad experiences in the POOL with rental gear, we decided that having our own stuff was the way to go. Our equipment listing:

Atomic B2 Primary regs (with DIN 1st stage)
Atomic SS1 Safe Second (integrated into the BC control)
Cochran Commander Dive Computers
Custom BC's from our LDS (Scuba Schools of America in Montclair)

We have the regs, used them on our cert dives and they breathe VERY nicely. Still waiting on the BC's and computers. Should be in this week.

Now I can't wait to get it wet!![/QUOTE]

We are DEFINITELY with you on that!

Marlin & Laree

Back
Top Bottom