BKK Diver Club

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
Is that Club still active?
Because at Thai Visa people speak about making a club. If there is still this one it doesn't make sense to found another one.

Write to jdfmail (Jon) here on SB. He was stepping in as an organizer. Jon has also collaborated with another SBer, lawrencealexwu (Alex), to start a non-SB group in BKK, which is organizing trips and (I think) photo courses.

h90, I too decided to check here on SB to see if there are any active clubs in Thailand.

I also mentioned about lawrencealexwu facebook page on Thai visa.

Doesn't look like a lot going on there...

---------- Post added April 17th, 2012 at 08:23 PM ----------

1st, post! :D Been lurking for years but only registered a month ago.

Hi Quero & Everyone, yes...Jon & I are organizing a group in BKK of divers...sso far, we've got almost 100 divers in the group....

We've both been on SB for a long time too...The main purpose is to get a club with some socials, trips & anything that relates to divers in BKK...Both Jon & I have been in a couple of clubs over the years that didn't really seem to take off...so we're hoping that this will. So far, we've had a few meetups & couple of trips, couple of presentations & that's it so far...

Come have a look here: Bangkok Scuba Diving Travel Club (Bangkok) - Meetup

Any suggestions from SB'ers on how to make this group more active is very welcome too...

I, along with a few friends have tried to do the same in Pattaya, many I spoke to said 'yes it was a good idea', but when it actually came to it, nobody seemed interested other than the small group of friends who have dived together for many years, so thats the way we keep it.
Our idea was to get more interested so we could rent boats and travel further afield than the usual crap coral dives everyone does around here at Koh Larn and Koh Sak etc.
I hope you have better luck than we did.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom