Black Guide Line for going to Monarch

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CharestDiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hello Everybody

This coming Friday with the help of Ray i am bring a large spool of Black Cable wire to be strung out from the Barge to the Monarch and maybe from the Monarch to the Shore Ray is going to bring some Float Balls to keep the line off the Bottom so hopefully we can get some help

Hope to see you all on this Fri Night Dive

We meet at the Bridge at 6:00 but this is going to be an Advanced Dive with running a New Cable Line and Everything

Oh, o.k well I guess I will just wait and dive it after you have done all of the work for me....just thought I would offer to help as I am sure that the more hands the better:snorkel:

sorry i won't be able to make it out that early, sounds like u may have enough help already, so have fun

Hey, charestdiver, even if you take newbubbles7 as a 0-24 new diver rating, as in this dive is an advanced dive and not so easy for newer divers, isn't there something that this diver could contribute to your efforts??? I'd be happy to have shore support for example, or to get a new diver aware of what's involved in line setting....think it through :)
We all benefit from line laid to wrecks in currents or low viz, let's encourage them, not seem to blow them off.

I'm usually there at 6:30 pm at the fry wagon, not sure how the vis is going to be this friday but still should be ok see all of you guys there. last time it took a few of us. I know Terry is up in Toby this weekend & Rod is busy, Andy & Gary may show up not sure I'll PM him.

Hello New Bubbles 7 and shoredivr i am not putting you off newbubbles 7 i am just saying that running a new line only takes maybe 2 people and doing this in 60 ft of water and currents going like 70 km down a hwy i don't want to see you get swept away if you want to come you can maybe we can use you to keep the line tight as we roll it out and the distance is about 200 ft and shoredivr i was not blowing newbubbles7 off diving and running a line where we dive currents change very fast and also you have ship freighters passing by so alot of people tell me that doing a drift dive to the monarch is a advanced dive because once i got swept down past the wreck and came up over 5 mile down shore from the wreck becuase of the currents

Just want all divers who come to dive the Monarch to be Safe and have Fun Too

CharestDiver,
Thanks for clarifying your point. I certainly wouldn't want to be a hinderance. Having been in the river, I know what you mean about the currents and would be happy to help in any way that would be useful. I will be down there tonight and look forward to being a part of something that will ultimately help all divers who visit our area. Thank you for taking the time to make one of the most visited dive sites locally that much better!!!

So, how did it go???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom