Blackbeard allow your own tank on board?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

IaDiverJ&L

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a 130 pst tank. Does BB allow that big steel tank on board. Also I understand somebody saying to buy an cheap raft from a discount store, to float around the Boat. I have the DivYak inflatable. It inflate/deflate very easy, unlike the cheap ones that takes forever to deflate. Do they allow anything like the 15 foot inflatable onboard. when it is deflated it is about 24 inch by 24 inch by 15 inches tall. Also could go to the shore with it to explore the littles islands.
Thanks

You should call them to be sure, but I doubt they will allow 8" tanks (E8-130) since their cradles are set up for standard 7.25" tanks. They would also be skeptical because if you are on a 130 ft^3 profile and everybody else is on an 80 ft^3 profile, you are either going to get into deco or take twice as long as everybody else and throw off their schedule. So to answer your question, I suspect not. If you had a 7.25" 100 and gave them a sad story about how much air you use, then maybe you could get them to give in.

I would say no to the kayak as well. There is precious little space on those boats to begin with. Just take your mask and snorkle and jump in w/o the kayak. You'll see more anyway.

Ya they probably wont with the tank call them and ask em though. I do know they have AL100 for use.

Alex

Thanks for the replys....When We shore dive....me, with 130...wife with, 80...I usally have my wife, buddy breath off mine for 30 minutes. Of course under the 20 foot range (shore dives). I know all about the Dci time. I've have over 160 dives in. And with 3 to 5 dive a day, we have to watch our, over all time (stay under the dive computer guide lines)
About the raft....Somebody said, bring a cheap inflatable, to float around the boat between dives (longer Si time). And the cheap inflatable, don,t deflate very fast. You all are right a calling BB and ask them. Thanks again((Got to love this ScubaBoard))
Jeff

IaDiverJ&L:
Thanks for the replys....

Dah-yum... something :kiss: that isn't allowed on Black:crossboneBeards

Never thought I'd see the day!

The original motto was : No rules, just right.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom