Blackbeard Cruise Info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

WaterWolf

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I’m planning a trip with Blackbeard Cruises in February. I’ve found some great information and reviews and fully understand that it’s comparable to “camping at sea”. My only concern is that I’m six-foot tall and from what I’ve read, it sounds like the sleeping quarters are quite cozy. Has anyone else around the six-foot mark been on a Blackbeard Cruise? If so, how cramped was it? Were you able to lay flat in the bunk and sleep comfortably?

I'm only 5 11 but I can't really remember feeling cramped at all....well thats not really true cos its hardly kingsize but I don't remember feeling cramped lengthways if that makes sense. You might want to ask for a bunk in the main section though as we were in the cabin at the bow and I reckon it was a little tighter.

We were at the bow and it was fine. It really wasn't that cramped just kinda like bunkbeds! If you want privacy (well more privacy) the areas away from the main section are best. The main section is where everyone hangs out and food is cooked. Therefore its a bit more loud. You'll have fun it was a blast!

Miranda

Just think of it as camping at sea, eat sleep dive drink, sleep, eat dive....seriously it is a great time!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom