Blackbeard Cruise

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pixurman

Registered
Reaction score
I will be taking the long weekend trip on Blackbeard's out of Miami 3/30/01. I'm wishing to hear your thoughts on this charter as well as any must do's or don'ts. We will be doin g the night dive and a shark dive.

Regards, Phil

I haven't ever went on this cruise but I have always heard really good things about it by people who have been on the cruise. Several people have commented that the diving is great! I have heard that sleeping quarters are close though. Have a great time and be sure to let us all know how it goes.

Jennifer
http://www.MichiganShipwrecks.com

Hi Phil,

I'm thinking about taking their Memorial Day weekend trip and have been looking for information too. Have you checked their website?
http://www.blackbeard-cruises.com/m-accom.html
They have some pictures of the bunks and I have to agree with Jennifer, the sleeping quarters look tight!
Be sure to give us a report when you get back.

Bubblehead Moe

I have seen their website & brochures. I agree the quarters look close so I have purchased a "changing robe" to expand our space and keep beds dry. I also think the robe will double as a good blanket and pillow.

My greater concerns are current and the trips to and from the bottom. My granddaughter (16) will be my dive buddy and is concerned about current. I am concerned about well controlled safety stops, so an anchor line or mooring is important to me. .... Anybody have knowledge on this?

Thanks, Phil

jeditdog:
For the most part do you guys approve or disapprove of BlackBeard's charters?
Wow! Reviving a thread over five years old! I think that may be a record... :)
But, to your question... I've been on four Blackbeards cruises and loved them all.
Rick

Wow! Reviving a thread over five years old! I think that may be a record

Oh my gosh! I did a search and came across it! I really didn't mean to do that..... oh and thanks for the advice. :)

I've wondered, I've always heard of blackbeard and am looking to book a trip. It sounds so economical, I just didnt' know if the $ tradeoff made for a bad scuba trip.

Well, there's lots of descriptions around of what the boat and trip is like. If you went because it was a cheap trip, with no research, you might be disapppointed. If you've read about it and it still sounds good, then you'll probably like it, certainly lots of people do. From what I've read, I would never do Blackbeard's, but that's just me.

There is an anchor line on every dive. They also tie two dingies with a long rope to the stern of the back so you can still grab the rope if the current is pushing you away from the boat. As far as current, most of the dives didn't have any noticable current. Two of the dives had a lot of current, but the ocean is unpredictable so that is to be expected. Bring a whistle and safety sausage in case you have trouble getting back to the boat.

Back
Top Bottom