Blackbeard cruises Bahama question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A few points

1) I've done this twice and done 20 dives each time
2) $100 for port fees AND tips seems low. I think fees are $40 and tip should be 10-15% ($90-135)
3) I went both times without a buddy. No problem. There are no single supplements and there are plenty of singles to buddy up with. Met some great people both times.

Shawn--

I'd leave a minimum of $135 in tips. The crew work for tips only (except the captain and 1st mate--they get a salary).

I didn't get in as many dives as you're figuring. The first dive of the day was at 8:00 and I consistently missed that one cuz I was still sleeping.

The configuration of the boat makes for cozy accommodations. Traveling solo won't matter, you'll have buds before the first day is over.

Howdy folks!

I am off to join the crew on 3/7 - 3/13! :D I cruised once before over the 04-05 New Year. G-man showed us a great time. I was able to get in 19 dives, and missed 3 due to OWC on the front end and flight time constraints on the back. I can't wait to get back.

Happy trails,

Shawn--

I'd leave a minimum of $135 in tips. The crew work for tips only (except the captain and 1st mate--they get a salary).

I didn't get in as many dives as you're figuring. The first dive of the day was at 8:00 and I consistently missed that one cuz I was still sleeping.

The configuration of the boat makes for cozy accommodations. Traveling solo won't matter, you'll have buds before the first day is over.

Back
Top Bottom