Blackbeard Cruises?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lucia,

What a small world we are practically neighbors. We are in Mission, KS. We dive with Scuba Adventures up north. We live very close to The Dive Shop but didn't find them to be as friendly as the guys at Scuba Adventures. We have a group that gets together every Tuesday night at a Mexican resturant up North for Taco Tuesday's and a kind of social dive club. You should join us some time. It is a great way to meet other divers.

We dive Table Rock Lake pretty frequently to keep from drying out in between trips. I got an email today from Blackbeards saying the trip leaving on Dec 29th is booked. They still have openings for Dec 22nd and Jan 5th. I am waiting to clear it with my boss but I think we are going to shoot for the Dec 22nd trip. Christmas under water. I am going to call them tomorrow to find out how many slots they have open. If you are interested, I will in this thread what they say.

Good to hear from another KC diver!

KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

I went on the trip a week before christmas 3 years ago and had a blast.

I think that there were about 15 divers aboard.

The crew was very easy to work with!

It is not a 5 star hotel...pamper your feet kind of place.

But if you want to dive then it is definetly the place to go...anyways your so tired at night after making 3 dives that day that you are wiped out anyway!

I dont think you will go wrong with blackbeards.....

Have fun!
Jason

In the photo for their ads, they show the 2 sailboats together.

Is this how they travel now? Or was that "just for show"? (The Spree & Fling travel together in the Flower Gardens, but usually they are moored at least 3/4 of a mile apart so the divers can stay separated and not surface at the wrong boat).

Also, for those that have been, can you provide us some information as to the destinations they visited as well as highlights of your trip (what you saw, what was most fun, etc.)?

The boat that I was on traveled alone!

We didnt see either of the other boats!

The high light of my trip was a wall dive that I went on...nothing special, it was just my first one and the beauty of it was magnicant!

Another thing was the night dives...every night we did a night dive.

The shark dive was your usualy shard dive...bunches of sharks, and large groupers!

We stayed around bimini island, and dove....really doubt if we were ever very far away.

Oh yea the sails were never out the whole week I was there...and if you hate the smell of diesel fuel...request a bunk in the front of the boat and not in the galley!

I'll try to remember a few more things and post at a later date!

Jason

Oh yea I remember being in 40 feet of water and looking up and seeing the top of the mast...now thats great vis!

KC Scubabunny -

I grew up in Mission! Lived on Outlook off of 61st Street - it was a great place to grow up. Now we live just a little south of Oak Park mall. It sure is a small world!

We took our dive class work years ago at the Dive Shop - stopped in there recently to buy new log books but other than that, don't keep in touch with them or other divers in the area (our 2 diving friends we do trips with sometimes moved to San. Fran.). Your weekly get togethers sound like fun! Where do you meet (my guess is Margaritas - we go for "taco Tuesday" to the one in Shawnee sometimes)? We would like to join you sometime - not this next week as my daughter starts 2nd grade on Wednesday but maybe some other time soon.

We've never dove any of the lakes around here - after our classes, we did our open water cert. in Jamaica and have stuck with warm, clear water diving since. We'll be near Table Rock this weekend - going camping and canoeing the Elk River (slow . . . ) near Noel, Missouri.

Blackbeards around the end of the year sounds fun . . . but, with a little one, not feasible for us! If we get away to do a live aboard, it will have to be without our daughter I think! Until the upcoming trip to Coz, we've left her home with relatives - we're taking her this time so that will be a new experience. Last year we went to Honduras without her and she was getting too old to be happy about it!

Send me an e-mail sometime!

Lucia
lrooney@shb.com

All,

Well I did it. I booked our Blackbeard Cruise for Dec 22nd. Thanks to all for your help in giving me the "real" scoop. I will be sure to tell you how it goes after we get back.

Lucia,

We are right off of 58th and Lamar! Too funny that you grew up right here. I actually grew up down by Joplin, MO so you were in my neck of the woods this weekend. I have floated the Elk more times that I can count!

Actually we go to a little 'hole in the wall' mexican place up north on Antioch called Tropicals. I will forward you the invite that Chris at Scuba Adventures sends out each week as a reminder.

We have two four legged kids but none of the human kind yet. There are quite a few people in our dive group with kids your daughters age. Actually two I can think of with daughters in the 3rd or 4th grade.

Hopefully we can meet in person some day!

KC_Scubabunny :bunny:

Back
Top Bottom