Blackbeard Cruises?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SueMermaid

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am sick of waiting around, I need a vacation!
Has anyone been on a Blackbeard Cruise? It seems inexpensive, and pretty ok for single people to do. Am I right? Would anyone recommend or not recommend this company? Care to share any experiences or suggestions? They have an opening for June 7th, and I may just jump before I go completely batty from lack of diving. :loopy:

Its a great deal, good diving, good food, good bars on Bimini.

I've gone on my own on both trips, probably 1/4 or 1/3 of the boat in same circumstance, everyone got along great. The passengers were a diverse group, I enjoyed sitting and talking with people as much as the diving.

Book it, See you there!

Len

Been there, done that. Loved it. Accommodations are minimal, but so is the price. Great diving, lots of sharks.

Great value
What i saw on our trip a year ago>
4 dives a day.
They sail very little as its run like a motorboat less hassle with sails, or i guess it depends on the wind. (diving is better with less wind in the area anyway) As a motor boat it is not as fast a regular motor boat so they are cautious about their furthest dive spot from miami. (Sea Fever can go farther) A sailboat driven slower will use a lot less gas then a motor boat and that help save money., as it appears in the ticket price. Normally the nearest bimimi islands. But there are real good dive sites there, enough for the 6 days of diving.
Bunks grouped in In 5 rooms when filled gets crowed. Not enough table space for everyone to sit at at meals, lots of table sharing. Works fine with standard courtesy, I enjoyed topsides anyway. We went in first week of december, a usual less crowed time, our boat was underfilled at 16 divers. Diving was above average, many sharks, two Octopus sightings. (night) They still do a shark dive, they are fed on a rope 25 feet away. Very limited shower time, Think of it like camping on the water. If you like camping and diving and sailboats this is a must.

Hey Sue M,

Great choice, seems almost impossible to beat for the money!

I am going on my third trip the week after you.:bounce:

You'll have a blast!

Some things you might consider bringing are: Plastic clothes pins, a big insulated mug with rubber non slip bottom, and a seat cusion.

Expect a lot of diving, good food, great people, and something near camping conditions and you won't be disappointed.

Have Fun!!!!!:dance:

Ken

The time I went it was only a 4 day weekend trip...It wasnt long enough! I just cant wait till I go again and this time it will definately be a weeklong.I went in October last year and just after hurricane season but we got lucky and had no problems..If you go ask to dive the Bimini Barge,It was really a great wreck dive in 95feet...You can swim thru if you like and there are some great photographic opportunities with all of the life inside the boat,just make sure you are comfortable doing that.When I surfaced from that dive my face never came out of the water as the vis was around 100 ft I could still see a stingray lying on the bottom.I just cant wait to go back and the crew are just great...

Sue,

Did you go? What did you think?
I'm going out with a group from our LDS from the 30th of Aug thru Sept 5th. If you missed it and want to go, I'm sure there'd be room for one more...

Nope, I didn't get to go that week, too many obstacles, like work! I just inquired about another time, and it seems they are popular and fill up quickly! I am thinking about taking a week at the end of Nov.
Not soon enough for me, but it's all they seemed to have left on their schedule.

So far, they have been very nice and very accomodating. That's a good sign! :D

Back
Top Bottom