Blackbeards 5/21-5/27

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

admath02

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Anyone going on Blackbeard's out of Nassau on 5/21-5/27? I think I'm on Pirate's Lady. This is my first liveaboard and I couldn't be more excited. Since I booked two weeks ago I haven't stopped thinking about it or what I need to bring. Hope to meet some new friends both above and below the water.

I've been out with Blackbeard's five times, and had a blast every time! It's very basic...like camping on the ocean, but I seemed to always have a better time with them than I did on larger, more luxurious liveaboards. Took my then 14-year old son on one of their trips last June, and he was putting in his request for a return trip before we got off the dock...still refers to it as the best week of his life. Wish we were joining you...have fun!

Bring less than you think you need. Other than that, don't worry you will have a great time.

Part of what makes it so good is that you can't get away from the other people (at least not far). Everyone there is very focused on diving and having a great time, no pretentiousness, no couples you see go to the dive then ensconce themselves in their room only to show up for dinner and disappear again after. To go to Blackbeard's you HAVE to want to dive and have fun, and those are available in spades.

If this is any indicator, after my last trip even with severe inclement weather, some difficult dives and some first hand evidence of how much rocking I could take before seasickness was a guarantee, a bunch of us are going back out again together. We started planning how and when to go back the moment we touched land. It is that much fun.

So don't worry if you don't get any responses here. The moment you get to the ship you will meet some killer dive buddies.

I will be on the boat the next week. A week off... I have done a blackbeards cruise before, and what others have said is absolutely true. You will have a great time. I"m actually traveling by myself because the timing was all worked around a business trip, and I'm not concerned about the week, because I know the atmosphere on the boat, and that I'll end up finding good people to enjoy times with.

Back
Top Bottom