Blackbeards in August

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fire1076:
I have reserved a trip with Blackbeards cruises, begining Aug 25 ( :D :D )
I will be traveling solo, and have never been on a liveaboard. Just wanted to get any advice or comments on my upcoming trip. I'm really excited about the eat, sleep, dive routine, not to mention this is my first trip to the Bahamas. Any info would be greatly appriciated.

Marq, is that you?

Yah, what a fun trip that was! Chris is right about the sharks. Probably my favourite to photoraph. Here are a few from my shots.

blackbeards-2007-01.jpg

blackbeards-2007-08.jpg

blackbeards-2007-10.jpg

The problem with doing a liveaboard is that you won't ever want to do a non-liveaboard dive vacation again! After getting nearly 30 dives in a week, you'll be really upset when you start booking your next trip and realize all you can get are 2-tank dives.

The only advice I can give you is to pack about half of what you think you're going to need. You don't need shoes, jeans, socks or anything else you'd normally pack for a vacation. Pack a ton of swimming suits and as shirt or two and you'll be set for the week.

15 ft of water definatly helps. I just got a new Sealife DC600. I am heading out with BB in Oct. to try it out for the first time.

Actually really looking forward to the trip. As my new camera was coming in I took the liberty of doing some research on some of the issues I was having with my old camera and Sealife Digital Strobe. Found out that my strobe has been malfunctioning for quite awhile now. It was always outputing at full power regardless of where the dial was turned to.

Couldn't figure out why all the colors in my shots were washed out. Now I know. Everything was getting over exposed.

With the new camera and repaired strobe I should get some much better results.

Thanks! Not much photoshop at all... just a little colour fix to compensate for underwater.
It helped that the shark was that close... and we were in 15 feet of water.

It's an Olympus 5060 wide angle. The deeper you go the more colour becomes an issue.

It's not always the equipment... I'll tell you the challenge is getting the shark to come in that close :D

Back
Top Bottom