Blacklight Fluorescence Photography

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bubblesong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Can someone recommend a source for strong UV for underwater photography of fluorescing critters for night dives?

Leisure pro has a sl4 eLED L1 "blue", for $70 and I understand I can use this with a yellow filter, but I am not sure that will light up the fluorescing specimens enough for photography with a Gopro.

Last edited:
Depends on your budget.
Keldan, Light and Motion, are amongst the stronger UV sources but they are more like $700 than $70
Bill

Yep, my budget says get the $70, until I learn a lot more. When I upgrade camera to something better than Gopro, I can upgrade lighting to match.
But thank you!

You'd need to be really close for that light to do for photography with a go pro. Their built in UV filter is pretty strong. (At least gopro 2 and 3).

Enjoy the experience. I finally did my full spectrum conversion on my dslr last month after a decade of unsuitable cameras and under powered lighting... remarkable what can be captured.

Regards,
Cameron

Thank you northernone! This is more affordable, and I don't want to invest a lot untill I have tried it out for at least one trip.
thanks for the warning about Gopro built in iV filters, I can experiement a bit to see what works.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom