BLADEFISH Sea Jets - A Completely Different Approach

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am not sure that I follow, are you saying that you are now able to use the BF with only one hand with this harness?

Have you figured out how to handle the spear guy while using the BF yet?

Yeah-one handed (I did tape down one of the triggers-Gorilla duct tape does the trick). I wasn't spearfishing but I suppose you could just hold your speargun with your free hand and maybe even spear on the fly. I'll let you know how it goes on my next fishing trip.

lol-fair enough. Here's another idea when you receive your unit: I discovered the BladeFish is an excellent platform for mounting a camera and capturing HD footage on the fly. I mounted a GoPro on my Blade-worked great.

Over here in Canada I naturally thought that BladeFish would have their own website here... they didn't. What business in these times does not own the site of which it wants to do business in the country it wants to do business in? That being said.. lol I figures for the cost of the name I would do myself a favour and pick it up.. Try bladefish.ca and see where it takes you... right to my site lol. I have sent a message to the Head office to see of what value that the site name is to them. I would consider trading it for a 5000 model... but we will see lol

I've been thinking about picking up a couple of Bladefish 5000, everthing I've read especialy from people here that use them made my decision easy......now I'm reading about the Bladefish 7000 turbo, smaller and 30% more power....was on an overseas site mind you ...Has anyone heard anything about availability and cost....

I've been thinking about picking up a couple of Bladefish 5000, everthing I've read especialy from people here that use them made my decision easy......now I'm reading about the Bladefish 7000 turbo, smaller and 30% more power....was on an overseas site mind you ...Has anyone heard anything about availability and cost....

No but interesting. The 5000 does have enough power for us though

thats what i've been reading, and for the price you realy can not go wrong. That being said I wounder if it might be prudent to wait a while to see if more info about the 7000 becomes available .....Lakes still have an average of 30" of ice here...

Last edited:
I've found a site from Poland they advertise the BF-7000 turbo , will be available in Aug 2011. I wounder why tne NA site doesn't advertise the same

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom