Block Island info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick2

Reaction score
hopefully someone here has some suggestions on hooking up with a dive boat or an interesting shore dive location on Block Island. I am leaving for there on 8/12 and will be there for 1 week. Two years ago, while on the island, I was limited to shore diving down past the trash transfer station. Not bad but not too exciting either. At least it was bottom time. I am under the impression that I would need to ferry back to the mainland (Point Judith) to find a dive charter. I'm hoping someone here has some good news for me. Thanks in advance and happy diving to You:D

I'm not aware of any dive operators on Block Island. The closest indeed depart from Pt. Judith. There are several fishing charters on the island though. I would suggest you try to contact them to see what it would cost. If it's slow, they might agree to do it but I suspect it will be insanely expensive. If you have a group, a dive charter from Pt. Judith may be willing to pick you up on the island.

--Matt

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom