Blown away?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TSandM:
I'm not going to think about it for a few hours. I'm going DIVING!
Exactly right ... if you're gonna be stuck in the cold and dark, it might as well be underwater ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I live in Spanaway, south of Tacoma. We just got our power on a couple hours ago-- it went off at ten after nine Thursday night and was off for 88 hours-- just over three and a half days, the longest I can remember being without power here since we moved here in 1961.

<Remainder removed. I'm warm and dry and it could have been a lot worse, and if there's one thing I hate it's sounding like a whiner. --Lee>

dsteding:
I got out of the water with a big grin on my face (and some slimy stuff on my dry suit).
Not to gross you out, but I heard a sewage treatment plant got overloaded and dumped a load (literally) into PS? Might explain some of that slime. :wink: :11:

Friday at about 2am my family awoke to a thunderous crash. The next morning this is what our house looked like. Both my house (yellow) and the neighbors got hit by the same tree! One tree that split to two trunks and the whole thing came topling over. Took out the neighbors car too.
windstorm.jpg

I did however do a couple dives on Sunday at Cove 2 and finally did a back kick!!:D There were three of us, and I hit a "groove" and didn't want to stop. Just backed pretty much out of site before I stoped and swam back to them. Of course I couldn't do it again, but now I atleast know it's possible. :)

I live in the Totem Lake/Juanita area. Power went off on Friday at 1 AM and came back on Sunday around 11 AM, so it was almost 2.5 days. Temps in my house were 47F to 60F depending on time of day and how long the fireplace had been going. I spent most of the time running pots and bags of hot water around, trying to save my tropical fish. (most of them made it.) Like Bob, I was wearing drysuit undies a lot.

My work, which is right at the 520/405 interchange, is still without power AFAIK. I ended up getting 2 days off so far, though the price was high... my desk aquarium got too cold and killed some of my favorite fish. But I can't really complain when I think about people who have to deal with trees smashing their homes and cars.

Jason, I know how you feel about the back kick!

I told Bob I was a giddy idiot tonight. I was so happy to be in the water and comfortable in the doubles that I was back-kicking in front of him, spinning helicopter turns just for the fun of it, going up over stuff and back down, and just generally revelling in three-dimensional freedom. Great fun!

TSandM:
Jason, I know how you feel about the back kick!

I told Bob I was a giddy idiot tonight. I was so happy to be in the water and comfortable in the doubles that I was back-kicking in front of him, spinning helicopter turns just for the fun of it, going up over stuff and back down, and just generally revelling in three-dimensional freedom. Great fun!
Yah, no kidding ... for someone who's been without power for four days, Lynne's batteries were fully charged ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom