Blown o-ring at depth :o

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I never had an o-ring blow but I did have a regulator quit. This was back in the mid-70s and the regulator was a single stage double hose Aqua-lung. I diving a break water just outside of Stonnington, CT when the air just stopped. I managed to surface from 16ft. with no trouble but was glad I not done the dive I was planning earlier. That dive would have been 90 feet but my ex-navy dive buddy came down ill so I decided to go for some lobster at the breakwater.
I took the regulator to the dive shop in Waterford, CT and left it there for repair and service. When I returned to pick it up the tech ask who last worked on the regulator. I replied "you did." His face got red and he became angry and said he was not so stupid that he'd glue rubber intake to regulator.
I later in the week talked to a friend of mine who I let use the regulator before my demise lobstering. He informed me that the regulator was leaking so he took it apart and glued it to stop the leak.
No one uses my gear since that time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom