Blue Angel Staff Changes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Brodydog

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Has anyone heard about Jorge and Pony leaving Blue Angel to work at a new dive shop? Got the following email this morning and really hoping this is not true. Will really miss Jorge at BA.

READY, SET, DIVE!!
Today is THE DAY!
Welcome friends - we are announcing the opening of TRES PELICANOS DIVE CENTER in Cozumel, Mexico!

Our THREE PELICANS are: Jorge Cabrera (Cubano - main man - divemaster), AlfredoRamirez Conrado "Pony" (shop manager) & Steve Belmont (owner).

I (Jeanie Buscher) am joining the team and will happily take your reservations - (some call me MAMA PELICAN) and combined, we offer over 36 years of experience - and know what DIVERS want and expect!
Come and dive with the Three Pelicans where you will experience scuba diving tailored to suit your experience.

Whether you are new to diving or an old salt, we will guide you into the underwater world of the wonderful Cozumel Reefs.

We pride ourselves on EXTENDED bottom times where each diver can dive their tank.

Many of you know us - and we want you to get back to enjoying great diving in Cozumel

From our staff to our boat & gear, Tres Pelicanos Dive Center was opened with you in mind!

Tres Pelicanos Dive Center is offering a fantastic price ($55.00 + taxes) to you for 2 tank boat dives as our get acquainted SPEICAL - good for the remainder of 2012!.

You dive your air - with divers of your same skill level!

Should you need gear - we offer NEW SCUBA PRO BCD's & Regulator - at great rental prices!

Tres Pelicanos Dive Center is also teaming up with some great hotels to offer packages for hotel and diving also!

We hope you will check out the TRES PELICANOS DIVE CENTER WEBSITE for our hotel/dive package specials and other information - and WELCOME ABOARD for some great diving!

We look forward to DIVING WITH YOU!!

PLEASE NOTE: Mike & I will be DRIVING DOWN TO COZUMEL FROM MISSOURI - leaving AUGUST 15 AND ARRIVING in Cozumel BY AUGUST 20TH - 2600 MILES - only our 21st trip!!! I will be answering emails during that time - however please give me 2 days during this trip down.

I APOLOGIZE IF YOU GET THIS MORE THAN ONCE - IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

Should you wish to be taken off our mailing list - please let me know by responding to this email with REMOVE in Subject Line.

Thank you,

Jeanie Buscher
Tres Pelicanos Dive Center
www.trespelicanos.com

Click HERE for Hotel/Dive Package prices

Toll Free Phone Number
1 866 779 9986

Should you have spare room in your luggage, DONATIONS of clothing for the Cozumel needy are greatly appreciated! THANKS!!!
5029bc30ecd13
HELP US SUPPORT THE COZUMEL TURTLE CONSERVATION! Donations accepted!

For info on helping or watching release of baby sea turtle (Aug - Nov. 15) email me.

Like you, I received this email this morning. Jeannie looks to be booking for them too. 3 staff...good ones too. I'm torn now. I love Jorge and I love the B.A. too!

This was just posted on the Blue Angel Resort FaceBook page:

This is Jorge (Cubano), just to make clear to everybody, i am staying in blue angel and i am not going anywhere.

This is one thread on which I will be keeping a close eye. I also received the above email this morning and thought that I was going to have an excuse for an unscheduled visit to Cozumel.

This was just posted on the Blue Angel Resort FaceBook page:

This is Jorge (Cubano), just to make clear to everybody, i am staying in blue angel and i am not going anywhere.

Hmmmm. I hope this is really from him. It almost appears that FB acct was just opened. Can't really tell if it is legit.

Very interesting indeed. I wonder what is going on. Jeanie is great but may feel it is time for something different. And Jorge is my favorite divemaster in Cozumel. Perhaps he isn't leaving BA after all, this was just posted to the Tres Pelicanos website:

At the last minute Jorge has announced that he will NOT be joining the Tres Pelicanos. We are sorry to have posted his name and photo and apologize to our viewers for this. I will update you more as I gain more information.

Very interesting indeed. I wonder what is going on. Jeanie is great but may feel it is time for something different. And Jorge is my favorite divemaster in Cozumel. Perhaps he isn't leaving BA after all, this was just posted to the Tres Pelicanos website:

At the last minute Jorge has announced that he will NOT be joining the Tres Pelicanos. We are sorry to have posted his name and photo and apologize to our viewers for this. I will update you more as I gain more information.

Wow. That was not on their website 30 minutes ago when I looked. They had Jorge and all his background info listed in that spot with a photo of someone with a black dive mask on. There was no way to even tell if the photo was Jorge. I do like the new message they have though. Maybe Jorge is holding out for the best offer. I do hope he stays at BA. Hoping to dive with him in Oct on my trip already booked with BA.

Last year, I decided that Coz was going to be my primary dive destination. I'd previously stayed at Scuba Club and Iberostar (where I was certified) and like them both, but I was impressed by the frequent, favorable mentions BA got here.

I ended up staying and diving with BA a couple times last year and we're scheduled to return next month.

I'm also impressed by what I read hear about other ops (Aldora, Living Underwater, BlueXTSea, etc.), but BA just has the whole package....good dive op, great hotel (with unbeatable views), good restaurant, great staff.

I'm sure they're a bit shaken by the defections (although it sounds like less of a big deal....Pony and the already-departed Jeanie), but I think BA's management will continue forward, barely missing a beat. I'm looking forward to September (and am thinking about another trip in December).

I hope things work out for the new op, but start-ups are tough. Their task will now be even tougher without Jorge, who was probably going to be their biggest drawing card.

Ron

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom