Blue Heron Bridge featured in Alert Diver

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Check out the thread Blue Heron Bridge Trolls,Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III . I usually do a report every day I go (3 to 4 times a week), and I report the parking condition as well.

During weekdays it can get pretty crowded (the early morning tides are least crowded), but rarely does it happen that you can't find a parking spot, it might not be optimal, but you can still get one, if you get there two hours before high tide on a weekday you can get good parking, the closer you get to about an hour before high tide the more crowded it gets. But if you get there early, because of the way tidal exchange works the area in front of the beach with the snorkel trail can be done on three hours of either side of high tide. So you can snorkel the trail before diving the east or west end. Or you could dive the snorkel trail and wait for the tide to get closer to an hour and move to the east or west off the trail. On the weekends it gets a little ridiculous. Not only are the divers there, but lots of recreational beach goers, paddleboarders, snorkelers, people having picnics, people just spending a day at the beach. So if the high tide was 1200 on a Saturday I would not get there any later then 0830.
Thank you so much! This is very helpful. I was looking for just such a thread and didn't find it.

I dove this morning. I think my buddy and I encountered a max of 8 divers at various times underwater. Also dove it on Saturday when the lot was full before we got there about 70 minutes from high tide (thought parking wouldn't be a problem because it was so early on a Saturday morning). Again, actually encountered maybe 15 divers total in more than 90 minutes of diving. There are lots of places to go--east, west, snorkel trail and even when there are a crush of divers, it's still OK.

My buddy and I drove down from Ohio, so we don't dive every day. It seems to me though that the amount of life has decreased since the apartment building on the east side was demolished. Or maybe stuff moved and I just haven't found it.

Prizes of today--2 nudibranches and a bat fish.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom