Blue Heron Bridge Hookah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

reebok

Contributor
Reaction score
Hello,
I am planning on visiting the Blue Heron Bridge site for some snorkeling and diving next July. Do any of the dive shops around there rent hookah rigs? I don't see any mention of them on force-e's website.

Thanks,
John

We saw someone using a hookah rig a couple of weeks ago at the bridge--first time we've seen it there. Someone here a year or so ago was promoting the idea for Hilton, etc tourists.

Hello,
I am planning on visiting the Blue Heron Bridge site for some snorkeling and diving next July. Do any of the dive shops around there rent hookah rigs? I don't see any mention of them on force-e's website.

Thanks for checking us out. No, we don't do anything with hookah rigs, but you are welcome to stop by the store for some advice on the best places to go. Our staff at the Riviera store are experts on the BHB.

Hello,

Thanks,
John

There is a surface supplied air option at the BHB.... see Tooka article
The Tooka is "normally" something we use for non-divers, with an instructor along...Much like a Resort course, but easier and better.

If you are certified divers and want to use the Tooka, we could probably work something out.. :) ..Let me know.

Hi Dan,
I am certified but my wife isn't. We live in Lakeland and are thinking about going out there next July. In the meantime I was going to go through the open water course with her (I have my book and a dvd set) and practicing in our pool (we have all equipment except tanks). However, I think a surface supplied air unit would be easier for her until she can actually get certified.

Thanks,
John

Hi Dan,
I am certified but my wife isn't. We live in Lakeland and are thinking about going out there next July. In the meantime I was going to go through the open water course with her (I have my book and a dvd set) and practicing in our pool (we have all equipment except tanks). However, I think a surface supplied air unit would be easier for her until she can actually get certified.

Thanks,
John
John,
Then this is ideal for you...check out the article in the link I posted earlier.

This is what I'm looking for, but I'm unclear on where to get it. Does pura vida rent it? Or I assume you would need to stay at the Hilton? And can I get it by myself or would it be only with a dive shop employee? Thanks.

This is what I'm looking for, but I'm unclear on where to get it. Does pura vida rent it? Or I assume you would need to stay at the Hilton? And can I get it by myself or would it be only with a dive shop employee? Thanks.
The Tooka is done through Pura Vida.....the "way" it has been done, so far has been exclusively with non-divers.... Two non divers on a Tooka with one Dive Instructor next to them the entire time.....The duration is typically 25 minutes, though sometimes it will run longer than this, if the non-divers are up to it.

You are paying for the Tooka, which "includes" the instructor....in your case, this is the only way to take your wife as an un-certified diver.
Mask, fins, wetsuit if desired, is included. You do not need to stay at the Hilton, but they offer special Diving Package rates, if you say you want the SF Dive Rate, and you do this a month or more ahead of time....Divers in July and August were getting down to $79 rates at the Hilton, by booking 2 months early with this "SF Dive" rate. Also, this is best done via the actual front desk of the Hilton, or through their webpage Hilton Oceanfront Singer Island ....what is less desirable is going through the national booking system.

I don't know what the rates will be the month you guys would be visiting.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom