Blue Heron Bridge Questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jl_va_21

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm planning to be in Florida in the first week of March and will have a free afternoon/evening in which I'm hoping/considering a dive at BHB. I know there are tide considerations (anyone know the schedule for that week?) but otherwise I know very little about the site and would probably want to hire a DM or at least find a a good buddy to dive with - since it looks like I'll be solo at that point.

Do any of you have any tips? Who should I arrive to dive with? How much should it cost? Anybody here with experience at BHB that wants to dive it with a first timer?

Thanks.

I am going to be in FL that week as well and intend to dive BHB while I am there. Maybe we can get together and dive. I have dived the bridge a few times and I am sure if we don't get anyone else to meet us there, we can find some cool critters on our own. I don't have my schedule yet, so I will have to defer a while before I commit to a date.

All evening dives would be considered night dives, because you would be exiting after sunset, around 6:25PM that week.
Night dives are by permit thru a dive shop only.

Tides for Port of Palm Beach starting with March 1, 2011.

Tu 1 High 6:00 AM High 6:12 PM

W 2 High 6:43 AM High 6:56 PM

Th 3 High 7:20 AM High 7:36 PM

F 4 High 7:55 AM High 8:13 PM

Sa 5 High 8:29 AM High 8:49 PM

Su 6 High 9:02 AM High 9:24 PM

M 7 High 9:35 AM High 10:00 PM

Check with Force E in Riviera Beach about night dives. They usually sponsor 1-2 a month and if you can do it, go! Highly recommended!

BTW, Blue Heron is a shore dive, aka: free. The only cost will be your rental gear. Check out the jamminbeach.com website. Tons of really good information.

Reef Haven - thanks for the schedule. Later than I'd hoped, but still within the times I need perhaps. How do the permits work... I guess I'll call Force-E and see.

DennisW - sounds good, PM me when you know more.

I can't emphasize enough that you want to make that dive a priority. Its amazing how much there is to see there, and I strongly recommend the night dive. The only problem with the night dive might be the logistics of renting gear. If you don't have much wiggle room in your schedule returning gear after the dive might get tricky, but beg, borrow or steal if necessary - it is worth it.

Jl_va_21,

Based on the high tides posted above, the best time for a day dive would be on Sunday the 6th or later. My current schedule will be going down to FL on the 4th. I hope that meets your schedule. I want to try out my wife's new Canon S-95 and housing.

I'm also planning to dive the bridge.
Does anyone know if it legal to park a RV during the night at parking lot at Phil Foster Park ?

Thanks,
Michael

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom