Blue Heron Bridge, Saturday 8/9/08

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

KBeck

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Based on replies in CoolTech's trip report thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/florida-conch-divers/246363-blue-heron-bridge-pics-8-3-08-a.html , I figured it was wise to post a thread here for those interested in joining.....

Location: Blue Heron Bridge via Phil Foster Park. Jim and I dove the east span last weekend, so we intend to head to the west span this go-round.

For detailed info regarding the site, with maps and all sorts of stuff that would take me forever to write out, please go to this site to get a summary: Blue Heron Bridge

Time: High Tide is at 3:17pm on Saturday. Standard dive plan for this site generally allows for a 1 to 1 1/2 hour dive time, entering the water @ 1/2 hour before high tide and exiting @ 1/2 hour after high tide. Therefore:
Arrive at BHB around 2 PM, with entry in water around 2:30 pm.

How to get there: Blue Heron Bridge is part of Blue Heron Blvd in Riviera Beach, in the north end of Palm Beach County. From I-95 (north or southbound), exit onto Blue Heron Blvd and head east. Go until you get to the great big bridge, go over it, and make the first left into Phil Foster Park. Park as far west as you can get. This is a popular dive spot on the weekends, so plan to arrive early if you want to find a parking spot.....

How to find each other: We will be in a new model light-greenish Toyota RAV-4. We look pretty much like our profile pics for those who haven't met us yet.

Other: Be sure to bring your dive flag if you have one.....lots of boat and swimmer traffic on the weekends. Also, when in the water, keep an eye upwards for the fisher's hooks, as we will be diving under a dedicated fishing pier.
-For those who may not have been to the site in a while, I was pleasantly surprised to find lots of new facilities on site.....beach showers, lots of picnic benches that can be used for setting up gear.....
-Tank fills: Force-E is on Blue Heron just a few blocks west of the bridge, if fills are needed before arrival. Very handy.
-Dive Depth: Last weekend I think I hit 21 feet by laying in the sand. I believe the west side will be shallower.

OK, that's all the detail I can think of.....Look forward to seeing a few of you there!

mmm.. Wonder if Hermit Crab would like to try this dive? :)

Kris, thanks for getting on this... That will teach me to play hooky and go diving for the big shark tooth :)

I'll be there! I'm diving the east span of the bridge. I'll look for ya...

I would like to be there too, but we have another commitment for Saturday afternoon.

Darn, I too have a late afternoon Saturday commitment way down my way...please, do this again and post it, I would LOVE to join y'all!!!

Darn, I too have a late afternoon Saturday commitment way down my way...please, do this again and post it, I would LOVE to join y'all!!!
The tides move forward as the days roll on... Are you up for a future night dive?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom