Blue Heron Bridge Trolls III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lionfish locations are encouraged to be posted here. It's one of the many ways for us divers to help eradicate them. Every time the wind blows, it seems to blow new ones in.

Seems I forgot to post location here.

They were found under the boat on the snorkel trail the upright one. They were under the outboard motor.

Lionfish locations are encouraged to be posted here. It's one of the many ways for us divers to help eradicate them. Every time the wind blows, it seems to blow new ones in.

Hey there anybody looking for a dive buddy on 24,25Feb, Saturday and/or Sunday? Scuba Jenny???

Looking for info for snorkelers for BHB, is it best to only go at the slack high tide or are there other times that are good?

@Terryb
Slack high tide is the best time. Other times will be very murky and high current.

While snorkeling the bridge I will go an hr before high tide and get out an hr or so afterwards. Current will be strong when you get in and when exiting.

While diving the bridge (only done twice) I got in 30 minutes before high tide and got out 30minutes after.

@Terryb
Slack high tide is the best time. Other times will be very murky and high current.

While snorkeling the bridge I will go an hr before high tide and get out an hr or so afterwards. Current will be strong when you get in and when exiting.

While diving the bridge (only done twice) I got in 30 minutes before high tide and got out 30minutes after.

Thanks Nick, sounds like the viz has not been all that good over the last few days.

It depends on how picky your snorkelers are. A lot of the good stuff is between bridge pilings or very close by. Those areas are only good during slack tide. However, the sandy area south of the beach can be swam or snorkeled any time. These's not much to see except sand but occasionally schools of baitfish or other tropical fish will swim by. There is some scattered debris in the sand area which also can attract some critters. I've seen sea horses clinging to mooring lines where boats park

As an FYI, snorkelling off of Peanut islands breakwater rock piles is pretty good and can be done any time

anybody have a recent update on conditions at BHG?
thanks

I was there Sunday, about 40' 1 hour pre HT
Reports of 10-15 this week.
I plan on going tomorrow

FB_IMG_1519291330021.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom