Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow!!! We got there at 8:30 for a 11:17 high tide just to get a parking space and the place was already mostly filled. The diver challenge took up the area from the west fence of the playground west to the water and included both bridges, and the sandy area south almost to the shopping carts and west. Crazy.. that meant all the classes and everybody else went east. divers everywhere! Tried to dodge 'em but they came at every direction. Even with all the craziness of classes standing, yes, standing on the bottom, (who uses yellow fins?? all the students were standing on the bottom), we managed to see some pretty cool stuff. But the best part.. diving with Hermit Crab and some out of town friends!!!!

I had a wonderful time diving with you on both days! It was especially nice to dive with Hermit crab on Sunday. She did a fantastic job on her photography! Loved the octopus photo! BHB is a very interesting site and I was glad that I finally got a chance to dive it. Thanks for the tour and companionship!:D

The tide turns about an hour after the posted high tide time...it is not moving out until then

That extra hour explains my confusion on the tide times. I splashed what I though should have been good to cover the slack period, only to find out I was premature.

I was there on Sunday myself. I though it was quite crowded on the East side myself. I did see a batfish. That was the highlight of my dive. Oh and the 2 people from this forum that I got to meet and dive with.

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Scuba_Jenny
Wow!!! We got there at 8:30 for a 11:17 high tide just to get a parking space and the place was already mostly filled. The diver challenge took up the area from the west fence of the playground west to the water and included both bridges, and the sandy area south almost to the shopping carts and west. Crazy.. that meant all the classes and everybody else went east. divers everywhere! Tried to dodge 'em but they came at every direction. Even with all the craziness of classes standing, yes, standing on the bottom, (who uses yellow fins?? all the students were standing on the bottom), we managed to see some pretty cool stuff. But the best part.. diving with Hermit Crab and some out of town friends!!!!

Sounds like every weekend!!!:D

Lynn, he is not exaggerating. I splashed a bit early today being new the site and ready to get wet.
I spent the first 30 minutes finding holes / pilings to hide behind and out of the current. That part of the dive was like some ride at Disney Land, as HT approached it was much, much nicer.

Are you still going to be in the area this weekend? Let me know if you are..

John, it was crazy! Yeah, like every weekend.. but worse!

Oh, I found out who the photog with the big hunkin' camera was who was so gracious to us too! I won't mention his name, but if he is reading this (never seen him post on SB).. thanks again. Those critters are for all of us, and nobody "owns" first rights on sightings! I hope you become the example instead of the exception.

John, it was crazy! Yeah, like every weekend.. but worse!

Oh, I found out who the photog with the big hunkin' camera was who was so gracious to us too! I won't mention his name, but if he is reading this (never seen him post on SB).. thanks again. Those critters are for all of us, and nobody "owns" first rights on sightings! I hope you become the example instead of the exception.

I'm intrigued and here I thought I was the only role model with a big hunking rig.....
:D:D:D
May brave it again next Sunday after work but too soon to tell

you were there this past weekend? :D :D :D

Only in spirit......
squished spirit probably.. so many people!

I had a wonderful time diving with you on both days! It was especially nice to dive with Hermit crab on Sunday. She did a fantastic job on her photography! Loved the octopus photo! BHB is a very interesting site and I was glad that I finally got a chance to dive it. Thanks for the tour and companionship!:D
Glad you found the thread. And so glad to show you round the bridge! I had a blast!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom