Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anne likely needs to weigh in, but it looks like a headshield slug, Philinopsis pusa to me.

Awesome, thanks! I was thinking maybe headshield but he was very tiny and one heck of a burrower...
The flatworm was a real player and cruised faster than I could keep up!
Saw more nudie eggs than ever before so should be a bumper crop this year!
John

Throw in one more:
caption;
NOTHING SAYS SPICY MORE THAN A MOUTHFUL OF FIREWORM BRISTLES>>>>>:D

---------- Post Merged at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Attachments

• BHB-201207287792.jpg
    BHB-201207287792.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 103
  • BHB-201207287792.jpg
    BHB-201207287792.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 107
I am more and more excited after seeing all these pictures. Can't wait until Friday!

Holy crap! I'd seen those guys eyeing bristleworms, but certain that they would never take the plunge. Hilarious! Had never seen that before until this morning when I saw one of Steven K's shots of a jawfish with the same painful whiskers. Bizarre. :D

Kevin

Throw in one more:
caption;
NOTHING SAYS SPICY MORE THAN A MOUTHFUL OF FIREWORM BRISTLES>>>>>:D

---------- Post Merged at 05:34 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Kev-
Actually I had seen the frogfish the day before and he must have had a really bad night because the next morning he had two wounds on either side where something (my bets is an eel) grabbed him.
The obnoxious arrow crab was picking at the wound and you can see him tearing off some dead tissue if you look closely. It made for some very lively video that I may get around to posting someday.
Here are this Saturdays pictures.....
Any ID assist on the strange nudie in pictures 3 & 4 would be appreciated.
For scale the juvie porcupine fish in the sargassum was a little smaller than a ping pong ball and the hot yellow pipefish was maybe only 2 inches long.....
Great dives.
John

Cool Pics. What type of pipefish is #6? I saw one like that last Thursday. And Saturday was a ZOO to say the least. The water was nice, and the creatures were better. I saw what looks like the top of a stargazer buried under the sand.JDC0712 469a.jpg

Something along the lines of a Keyworm Eel, very cool.
Aslo no ID on the tiny hot yellow pipefish, very small.
Thought I found the elusive pipehorse till he easied thru......
John

Looking to hire someone for the day for help with Macro photography for Sept 2 at the BHB. I have been into photo for 2 years now and have a Canon T2i w/ 2 Sea & Sea YS-01's. Never had any real luck with Macro but I heard this is the place. Please email or Pm me at rickdrinkwater@bellsouth.net

Today the County project of adding a new series of artificial reefs along a path not too far from where the sailboats are presently moored. Of interest, they went to huge pains to make certain no sea grasses or areas other than relatively low life density sands were targeted....each reef are target gets a triangle shaped floating buoy over it, no more than about 7 feet long on any arm---a small bullseye the crane MUST be within for each reef object dropped.

2012-08-01_14.28.37.jpg Shot from shore showing first reef being dropped.

2012-08-01_14.24.01.jpgOn left Carmen Vaire of Environmental Resource Management and on Right Shana of Pura Vida..both have worked tirelessly on this project.

This is a huge step for the County of Palm Beach, a sign of major changes that have already taken place regarding how important scuba diving is to Palm beach County. A sign of many more good things to come, things that many of us have wanted, but had no way to move the agencies in these directions before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom