Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id be glad to pay to park or get transferred there, as long as its easy to do. I don't want to have to flag down someone or stand around in my gear for a while.

Maybe the park could put up signs explaining the alternate parking?

I still am in favor of charging an entrance or parking fee at the park. A small one, $5 per car, very reasonable.

I still am in favor of charging an entrance or parking fee at the park. A small one, $5 per car, very reasonable.

I agree, but only for divers. Five bucks per car for a dive is still super cheap, and it might help with the parking lot security as well if there is someone walking around the parking lot. Maybe the people who dive there 5 days a week could buy a monthly or yearly pass at a cheaper rate.

I think the locals should be able to park there for free for cookouts and fishing and such.

Scott,
I have seen plenty of divers freaked about having to walk from as far as the North side near the Sherriff's dock....If they can't walk that far..... Just saying :)

It began as a cheap dive and a "conveniance or easy dive"....now the convenience is getting compromised.

But I have already offloaded my gear, parked by Pura Vida at Ocean Mall area, then walked back to the West side of BHB..It can't be more than 3 football fields in distance, so really, if you get it in your Zen that this is a nice walk, it will be a non-issue. Convince yourself it is a marathon and torture, it will feel like torture. The only real issue is you need a buddy so someone can watch your camera or other insanely expensive gear. But you should have a buddy anyway for a dive anywhere :)

Agreed. They can also bring along a bike for the short excursion. A very good cable/chain & lock is recommended...

Last edited:
Leave a couple bodyguards with your gear.
There has been property stolen with the person only a few feet away.
The bicycle shuttle is impractical for us as we have too much gear between large DSLR housings and dive equipment.
As to a marine sanctuary I'm not sure the "if you build they will come mentality" will get the bridge area the protection it needs.
For the time and money put in to this you would think someone could has passed some restrictions that are enforceable.
John

So is the parking lot crowded even during the week now? We will be back in two weeks and the high tide is in the mornings during the weekdays...

So is the parking lot crowded even during the week now? We will be back in two weeks and the high tide is in the mornings during the weekdays...

You should be fine with school starting-up for many districts in the state near that time...

We got to BHB today at about 8:20 am for a 9:50 hi tide dive. There were several parking spaces available on the front row. There are more people diving thru the week now, but not a huge number. Sometimes it's pretty empty. 83-84 F today with nice viz of about 30ft. Saw enormous numbers of baitfish with barracuda working them, a pipefish, a nice little sharptail eel out hunting, the tiniest black flounder lookin' critter, and many more. Gotta go look up that flounder and some more............Nice dive!!!

Plenty of divers flat on the bottom today- and none of them are students.

Attachments

• PICT0728.jpg
    PICT0728.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 102
  • PICT0717.jpg
    PICT0717.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 113
  • PICT0719.jpg
    PICT0719.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 100
  • PICT0726.jpg
    PICT0726.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 100
Other than getting about a teaspoon of water in the camera, nice day. Will try to post photos later as we are off to a night dive with Pura Vida at BHB. Thankfully I was able to redo everything and no more leak, and camera and lens unharmed.

Great day at BHB with Tim, Chris, Guy, Mary, Phil Rudin, George and Alan from Reef Photo!

---------- Post Merged at 06:07 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 06:07 PM ----------

We got to BHB today at about 8:20 am for a 9:50 hi tide dive. There were several parking spaces available on the front row. There are more people diving thru the week now, but not a huge number. Sometimes it's pretty empty. 83-84 F today with nice viz of about 30ft. Saw enormous numbers of baitfish with barracuda working them, a pipefish, a nice little sharptail eel out hunting, the tiniest black flounder lookin' critter, and many more. Gotta go look up that flounder and some more............Nice dive!!!

Did I meet you?

Plenty of divers flat on the bottom today- and none of them are students.

Looking closely they don't appear to be lying on the bottom.
I have to rest my fin tips and get very low for stable macro video but thats the only part of me touching.
Not to say I haven't seen some extremely poor form, including one guy flipping rocks laying flat on the bottom.....

Lets see those tiny black flounder critter pictures!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom