Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Idive2,

We are waiting and hoping for Tuesday. btw, my wife said she read that Narcosis saw a whale shark yesterday--I'm guessing it was in the morning!! She saw it on Force E's facebook...............

Yes, it was seen on the morning trip. They had much better conditions on the morning trip than
on the afternoon trip which returned to the dock after calling the dive due to low viz.

I have been doing more looking in to this issue of horrible viz and sand transport.....Jimmy Abernethy is probably going to have to head back to the Bahamas before he can get a chance to do an aerial video for silt plumes...for this week, but he is promising as soon as he gets back from this trip, to make the aerial a priority.

I spoke with Carmen Vaire of ERM, and it is not looking so likely that the Lake Worth Project could be the major factor causing this level of silting, given the extreme measure they are already taking.....There were some people that were diving south of Peanut Island by Rybovitch ( there is a reef there actually) and the vis was closer to 10 feet, while by Annies dock it was more like 3 feet...this is indicating that we are getting an ocean influence far worse than past Hurricaines have caused....and in fact, there are shipwrecks exposed right now, that have not been sticking out of the sand for decades! A lot of sand got picked up, and may still be transporting....It also looks like huge amounts of fresh water have been released through the canals, and we may have some kind of a "multiple causation" issue making the viz and silting as bad as it is.
I think it is still crucial that we get some Helicopter time to look for Silt plumes where they don't belong. Again, unless Jimmy gets out today, this will have to wait a week.

Anyone actually try to dive the bridge today? Force E said the viz was horrible but I'd love to get some first hand accounts, if its 10 feet and milky I'd still dive it. Really want to go tomorrow since its my only day off during the week.

We're also waiting for a report from today. We plan to dive it tomorrow and we'd dive it in a milky 10 foot also, but less than that probably isn't worth the drive.

---------- Post added November 19th, 2012 at 03:41 PM ----------

I called Force E a little while ago. They told me that the ocean has no vis due to the current from the south, so the water coming into the inlet is dirty and they don't expect decent vis at the bridge for a few days at least. Unless I hear a good report later tonight I'm going to postpone diving there until later this week.

We bailed on today's dive but I hope someone will report viz and temp today. I'm wondering if ANYONE went yesterday. Force E evidently had no one come in the store letting them know what the viz was yesterday!

I may head over that way later today. I'll post this evening if I dive or even just a visual
from the bridge. I have seen the viz clear up very quickly on many occasions and also seen
it less than diveable for up to a week at a time.

I stopped by as well and I could not see the bottom along the seawall near the
fish cleaning station just north of the fishing bridge. I will try again friday as well !

I stopped by as well and I could not see the bottom along the seawall near the
fish cleaning station just north of the fishing bridge. I will try again friday as well !

Now that is some real bad vis
that area is normally crystal clear

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom