Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will have a conversation with some of the County people I know....this is a situation where what is RIGHT needs to be done, and I expect the people running things in the County will agree.....They should be able to form some form of exclusion that will not force LEO's to have to "look the other way"...which you are right....we really should not put them in that position.

The FWC made a huge concession in that anyone can dive with a pole spear and not have a fishing license (as long as they are targeting LF). However, I doubt it is worth the trouble to try to argue that spearfishing gear is going to be allowed in prohibited areas, simply for LF. That's asking too much. Just use your normal tropical fish collection net.. :shakehead::rofl3:

So bring a big knife and be careful I guess. Lets get back to the dive reports from the Bridge :). Its such a beautiful day out and I'm at work :(. Would love to get out tomorrow.

Viz today was maybe 5 feet. I decided Starbucks was a better option. There were quite a few divers who actually went in & stayed in. Don't know if it was worth it. I hope they had a good dive. Water was past the lifeguard stand but sand build up made it all very shallow esp around the pilings where we put our fins on.

I took a kayak off the beach at BHB, and paddled to Annies Dock on the Palm Beach Island.....even over there, vis was terrible, suspended sand giving maybe 3 foot vis....
I heard many of the reefs were at 7- foot vis, so it is sounding more like construction pollution is being allowed in the intracoastal.....We need to find out who is messing up the waterway, and if there is a way to force them to follow responsible environmental practices.

I bailed on the bridge and decided to do a charter. The viz on the reef was in the 60 foot range !
Not sure how that happened but no complaints here. Current was north to south and didn't check
the temps but was comfortable when diving. A bit cool topside when the clouds passed over but once
back in the water felt comfy again with the same viz on second dive. Sea conditions were a bit bumpy
but not terrible. The days are getting shorter and with a somewhat late departure I was concerned with
the evening closing in on us. Everything ended up fine but with not all that much daylight left. A good
afternoon of diving !

....We need to find out who is messing up the waterway, and if there is a way to force them to follow responsible environmental practices.

Let me see if I understand you. You want a LEO to break the law. This will enable someone else to break another law??? My word how you think!!

We need to find out who is messing up the waterway, and if there is a way to force them to follow responsible environmental practices.

It happens to be an environmental project to improve water quality.

what project is causing turbidity issues? The ends does not always justify the means...

Let me see if I understand you. You want a LEO to break the law. This will enable someone else to break another law??? My word how you think!!

One thing is for certain Reck diver, I will never think about things anything like you do....The wiring is about as different as it can get.
As to what you call an "environmental project", would you be willing to name it, and indicate where it is?

That's what I tell people anytime I cause a puff of silt. "Look, I improved the water quality!" "No, you made it worse!" "only if you started measuring before I made the silt...if you started then, it got much better a minute later!"

It's funny, the bridge was providing consistently good viz for so many dives in a row, I suppose we deserved some bad weeks...but it would be nice if whatever is churning up the water would tell us when it'll be finished so we can mark it on the calendar...

Viz today was maybe 5 feet. I decided Starbucks was a better option. There were quite a few divers who actually went in & stayed in. Don't know if it was worth it. I hope they had a good dive. Water was past the lifeguard stand but sand build up made it all very shallow esp around the pilings where we put our fins on.

Thanks for the report Deb. If anyone ventures out today please update the group. I was planning on tomorrow but not for 5ft viz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom