Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, I saw a lionfish too last night and did not have a spear or poker. For anyone diving the west side, it was located along the south most piling or pillar that separates the boat channel from the area that can still be dove. If anyone plans on diving the west side anytime soon, take a skewer or something else to get it. I was not a huge one, but too big to try to stab with a dive knife. Here's a picture.

lionfish_at_BHB_3_nov_14_2012.JPG
Where's Dumpster when you need him ? :D

Is it generally frowned upon to bring a little sling to take out lion fish at the bridge? I'd rather not carry one around while diving but if we still believe taking out the lion fish we can will actually help I'd lend a hand.

since it's a fishing/swimming bridge i don't think any spearing is allowed per FWC -- but can net em. now if someone wants to ziptie a dive knife to something innocent looking then break it down, so wont get in trouble, I didn't see anything :wink:

we need a bridge to dive under in broward!

since it's a fishing/swimming bridge i don't think any spearing is allowed per FWC -- but can net em. now if someone wants to ziptie a dive knife to something innocent looking then break it down, so wont get in trouble, I didn't see anything :wink:

we need a bridge to dive under in broward!

I am pretty sure that the LEO's in our area will look the other way if the diver is using one of the LionFish specific mini pole spears...they are pretty useless for killing anything but a LionFish....

I am pretty sure that the LEO's in our area will look the other way if the diver is using one of the LionFish specific mini pole spears...they are pretty useless for killing anything but a LionFish....
That would be breaking the law Dan. I am surprised you would advocate for that. You can not dive with a lionfish pole spear/sling etc. within 100 yds of the fishing pier. Simple as that.

Now... you CAN take fish there using a really big knife... that would be spearing and it is allowed within 100 yds of the pier.

Correct, no spearing at BHB, use a net.

That would be breaking the law Dan. I am surprised you would advocate for that. You can not dive with a lionfish pole spear/sling etc. within 100 yds of the fishing pier. Simple as that.

Now... you CAN take fish there using a really big knife... that would be spearing and it is allowed within 100 yds of the pier.
I will have a conversation with some of the County people I know....this is a situation where what is RIGHT needs to be done, and I expect the people running things in the County will agree.....They should be able to form some form of exclusion that will not force LEO's to have to "look the other way"...which you are right....we really should not put them in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom