Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of the Dive Boats are going to be doing "Birding Trips" this winter, particularly when the weather is too bad to run in the ocean....If any of you guys know birds, and would like to go on a free "concept trip", Dive Boat Little Deeper is looking to do some test runs in the next couple of weeks....
Just send me your email, so I can notify you when they will do one of these.....It would most likely be on a weekend when the ocean waves are too rough for diving. Figure a 3 to 4 hour trip, which will certainly involve eating a brunch or early lunch on Munyon Island in the picnic area....So you would bring a cooler with food for yourself...in the trips the boats would charge for, the people would be groups from hotels, and the hotel would be catering the food....We just need to create the optimal trip...

We did a sample run over this last weekend, and Munyon is actually pretty amazing for birds.....Early morning or just before Twilight I am inclined to think are the best times for this....
email to dan@sfdj.com

"Birding trips"? Couldn't they instead circumnavigate Peanut Island many times for closer inspection of this year's bikini styles? :)

The crusty dude and I had another epic, once-in-a-lifetime dive this morning. Full report with possibly some pics to follow. But for those of you considering the night dive tonight I'm happy to report 35 ft of blue water and 79 degrees.

The crusty dude and I had another epic, once-in-a-lifetime dive this morning. Full report with possibly some pics to follow. But for those of you considering the night dive tonight I'm happy to report 35 ft of blue water and 79 degrees.

Why must I be in the process of a big move to West Palm! I'm hoping to do a night dive there the 25th. Can't wait to see the pics and read the full dive report. My next diving experience at the bridge will be on the 20th.

Glad you and crusty had a good dive

Before this morning's dive I mentioned to Jim that last night I dreamed we saw 8 seahorses including one pair. The pair rose in the water column in front of us and exploded as we flashed our strobes.

We saw seahorse #1 in the first five minutes of our dive. Jim wrote in the sand “7 more.”

We found #2 and #3 very close together and #4 just a little to the right. While I was waiting for Jim to finish photographing #4 I sensed a presence. I looked left and was eye-to-eye with a spotted eagle ray, hovering by my shoulder. I was literally frozen in the moment. By the time I came to my senses and reached for my camera he had glided away.

Seahorse #5 was curled around a rope, hanging upside down.

#6 was brown, the color of all the algae stuff clinging to the bottom. As I held up six fingers we noticed #7, a tiny bright yellow fellow right next to him. After I photographed #7 I looked around for #6. He had moved on to algae tumbleweed and was almost perfectly camouflaged. I circled, looking for a better angle and realized I was looking at a pair! #6 had led us to his mate: #8.

The pair did not rise in the water column. And I’m also happy to report that no one exploded.

As we slowly meandered back towards shore a huge southern stingray swam in front of us. Then circled back and stopped directly in front of Jim.

Tall Guy thinks I’m crazy to get up at 4:30am and drive an hour each way to dive. I say not crazy. Magical.

BHB 11 14 1.jpg

We saw seahorse #1 in the first five minutes of our dive. Jim wrote in the sand “7 more.”

Eight horses and one pic??? Let's get after some post processing here. . . :D

Fantastic to hear about the sudden viz improvement.

Eight horses and one pic??? Let's get after some post processing here. . . :D

Fantastic to hear about the sudden viz improvement.

Kevin! I work 3-11 tonight!! (probably shouldn't be on ScubaBoard right now) I'll post the rest of my FB page tomorrow.

Ok ... here's one more. #4. But that's it. As it is, the SH po-po will be after me. But you'd never believe "red with black polka dots."

BHB 11 14 5.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom