Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Un-diveable conditions today....viz 2'. Good if you want to practice nav skills. Did Army Corps Eng. release more water from Lake O?

Thanks for that report. Guess I won't go tomorrow. So glad you posted.

Un-diveable conditions today....viz 2'. Good if you want to practice nav skills. Did Army Corps Eng. release more water from Lake O?

I read that the releases of water stopped a day or 2 ago.

A bit further south in the lake worth lagoon, there are barges dumping fill. This project has the water murky from the Lantana Bridge north past the Palm Beach Inlet.

cocoajoe is being generous. I finagled playing hooky this afternoon, drove up from Broward, only to NOT BE ABLE TO SEE PAST MY NOSE. Really, 2 inches is more like it. I called the dive in less than 10 minutes. As I was packing up I saw multiple groups of divers heading into the water only to head right back out. Unless you're interested in navigation practice it's just not diveable at the moment. :depressed:

A bit further south in the lake worth lagoon, there are barges dumping fill. This project has the water murky from the Lantana Bridge north past the Palm Beach Inlet.

I noticed there was a lot of construction activity at the Riviera Beach Marina. Could that be it it?
Last year they were driving sheet piles down..... thought they were just beefing up the bulkheads. But 2 days ago when I drove thru there, the marina was a mess due to all the marine construction. In short, the place looked more like a constuction site than a marina.

It is possible the Palm Beach Inlet will still be fine, as the incoming tidal water will have no silt in it till west of the Inlet....in other words, my paddleboard and Kayak trip my be pretty "viable" today afterall :)

---------- Post Merged at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:50 AM ----------

ReckDiver, do you know where exactly this dumping and construction project is?
I would like to take some pictures of it today :D:D

[INLINE=left]https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc6/187790_111615635665710_1572575013_n.jpg[/INLINE]Greetings all,

Our next Blue Heron Bridge Night Dive is scheduled for Wednesday, Nov. 14th at 7:00 PM.

This is a FREE event, but please contact our Force-E Riviera store to sign up. 561-845-2333

Dive Starts at: 7:19 PM
High Tide: 8:19 PM
End dive at: 9:19 PM

Please have a primary, back up and tank light. All divers must stop by the Force-E Riviera store before the dive to sign a waiver and pick up your parking pass. All divers must show proof of certification.

Each dive group must have a state legal dive flag with a light mounted on top. For your safety, please do not swim under the fishing pier. We don't want anyone to get hooked by fishermen

ALL DIVERS MUST BE OUT OF THE PARK BY 10 PM OR ELSE YOU WILL GET A TICKET!!!

Hope to see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom