Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any idea how long the GoPro will run on one charge? How about the "card"? How long to fill that up?? TIA

I have a Hero2, and on the two tank boat dives I have taken it on I have run out of battery juice midway through the 2nd dive. On the two BHB dives I have taken it on (90-100 min) I have not run out of juice.

I have a 32GB card and haven't used more than half of it before the battery runs out, filming at 1080p.

What filter were you using, if any? And why such a strong vignette?

I have this housing: GoPro Housing with Glass Flat Port & Orange Filter [gop.glass.orng] - $119.99 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros so that is the filter I use, and it is also what causes the vignette. I may consider getting the gopro dive housing for it eventually.

The dive today was great. a LOT more divers at the park, lots of classes, but they did a good job of keeping them away from the divers. had 75°F for water temp and the visibility was much improved from yesterday.

---------- Post added January 6th, 2013 at 10:43 PM ----------

Here is a video from today's dive....

BHB 06Jan2013 - YouTube

IMG_0659b | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Hadn't previously run across the two types of garden eels together.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:23 PM ----------

IMG_0196a | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Kind of cool to catch these two youngsters together.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:25 PM ----------

IMG_0138a | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My first ever jack-knife fish at the snorkel trail.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:26 PM ----------

IMG_0226a | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This guy was repeatedly harassed by the brightly colored reef fish at the snorkel trail.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:28 PM ----------

IMG_0233a2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
This is blown way up in an effort to show the peppermint shrimp in the crevice - which was apparently why the puffer was lying on his side.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:29 PM ----------

IMG_0250wa blue runner | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I *think* I'm finally starting to be able to recognize when a bar jack is actually a blue runner. :D

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:31 PM ----------

IMG_0315a clown | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Wrasse ID wears me out, but I think the guy on the bottom is a Clown Wrasse.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:32 PM ----------

IMG_0589wa don't know Barred Blenny (Hypleurochilus bermudensis) | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
I'm told that this guy is a Barred Blenny.

---------- Post added January 7th, 2013 at 02:34 PM ----------

IMG_0480wa | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
My first juvie Spadefish. This culling stuff is just too difficult for me. :D

Last edited:
love the juvi spadefish!
Nice shots, you've come a long ways photographically speaking in the past year or so!

love the juvi spadefish!
Nice shots, you've come a long ways photographically speaking in the past year or so!

Thank you! I'm certainly learning more and more about the dive site. Totally addicted now.

According to the Pura Vida FB page Cliff is doing good and eating, which is a good sign.
543343_4400300359505_420175575_n.jpg

I have a Hero2, and on the two tank boat dives I have taken it on I have run out of battery juice midway through the 2nd dive. On the two BHB dives I have taken it on (90-100 min) I have not run out of juice.

I have a 32GB card and haven't used more than half of it before the battery runs out, filming at 1080p.

I have this housing: GoPro Housing with Glass Flat Port & Orange Filter [gop.glass.orng] - $119.99 : Reef Photo & Video!, The Underwater Photo Pros so that is the filter I use, and it is also what causes the vignette. I may consider getting the gopro dive housing for it eventually.

The dive today was great. a LOT more divers at the park, lots of classes, but they did a good job of keeping them away from the divers. had 75°F for water temp and the visibility was much improved from yesterday.

---------- Post added January 6th, 2013 at 10:43 PM ----------

Here is a video from today's dive....

BHB 06Jan2013 - YouTube

My first time UW with the Hero 3. Just put together a short vid to show the quality. I'm impressed. I had it on a 3ft. GoPole. I turned the whole cam off at times and also just shut the vid down at other times. 95min. dive. Can't begin to tell you how much time on battery if I kept it continually on. Battery life is supposed to be not good.
https://vimeo.com/57072466

Nice night dive tonight. Water was clear before the tide switched. Lots of divers having fun.

Attachments

• PICT0057.jpg
    PICT0057.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 170
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom