Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JET126 rescued me today. I had played hooky and we were poking about on the bottom when from under a bit of debris...a denizen poked his nose out. I was surprised at his size and quickly backed off, wondering if he'd hide too.

Not my luck....it came charging across the grassy bottom. The more I backed, the straighter it's path to me. Finally, Joanie intervened and drew him away from me. I was lucky enough to get off a shot of her distracting the beast.

PICT0047.jpg

Note to myself: Turn off the autofocus override on the Sealife 1400 until I can develop the discipline to NOT mash the shutter release when I'm excited. All of my macro shots of this guy were out of focus.....sigh. Joanie, please post some of your pics...this guy really was beautiful.

Nice dive though...1 octopus and 3 seahorses....along with the usual fishy suspects.

Nice. Joanie to the rescue! Woot! Joanie, what this the one I told you about?

All of my macro shots of this guy were out of focus.....sigh. Joanie, please post some of your pics...this guy really was beautiful.

Nice dive though...1 octopus and 3 seahorses....along with the usual fishy suspects.

Nice. Joanie to the rescue! Woot! Joanie, what this the one I told you about?

It was a beautiful dive. Yes Jenny. TY for the intel. It was spot on.

My computer gave me 75 today. I was starting to get really cold after two hours so that's probably right. Viz a milky-ish 25 ft. We're in that "lull" time now where there aren't a lot of critters. Plus a lot of algae covering the bottom - I'm wondering if because of the warm temps all winter. But if you go slow and look you can still find some gems. Thanks Bilsant for a great zen dive.

Here are my best of from today: It appears the color du jour was naranja.

2 13 13 1.jpg 2 13 13 2.jpg 2 13 13 3.jpg 2 13 13 5.jpg 2 13 13 6.jpg

Last edited:
JET126 rescued me today. I had played hooky and we were poking about on the bottom when from under a bit of debris...a denizen poked his nose out. I was surprised at his size and quickly backed off, wondering if he'd hide too.

Not my luck....it came charging across the grassy bottom. The more I backed, the straighter it's path to me. Finally, Joanie intervened and drew him away from me. I was lucky enough to get off a shot of her distracting the beast.

That little guy is *really* cute!

Nice pics! Glad you had a good dive.

love pix#3

Some pretty fair conditions at the bridge today. Viz in the 15 to 20 foot range depending where you were.
Water temps showed a pretty consistent 73 degrees. Partly cloudy topside so ambient light was less than sunny but
still pretty acceptable diving. Got in about 90 minutes with 3 mm full and 1.5 mm hooded vest and was a little cold
at times but not to bad, the sun would have helped a bunch.

Do you have a link to a high res of this image? I would love to make it my wallpaper (1920 x 1080)

Taken before last Saturday's night dive.

8475449314_c008ee97ef_z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom