Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
is that him on the right, more towards the top?

Way over on the right, facing us.

---------- Post added March 10th, 2013 at 12:35 PM ----------

and no, not teasing you, saw the jackknife fish for the past two months reliably on the snorkel trail, Monday was the first time I missed them.

I've seen an adult over near the eastern side of the trail, but you've seen juvies???

---------- Post added March 10th, 2013 at 12:38 PM ----------

No disrespect to the little cuties intended, just referring to the mohawk-like dorsal fin. Love the juvenile spotted drums and highhats too; collective "punks." and no, not teasing you, saw the jackknife fish for the past two months reliably on the snorkel trail, Monday was the first time I missed them.

Smallish mohawks. :D

IMG_1674wa | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

I've seen an adult over near the eastern side of the trail, but you've seen juvies???

No, sorry to mislead, post-adolescent I suppose, yellow remaining but angular and mohawked (I haven’t seen the little yellow balls of jackknife featured in my fish book yet either :( ). Look forward to your pictures the day you do :)

PICT0266.jpgPICT0288.jpgPICT0269.jpg

70 degrees and already established poor vis but had a very friendly greeting from this local under the bridge today. Cheeky devil wanted my flag as well; less attention than usual resulting in dramatic acts perhaps.

There were 5 or 6 of these super juvie sans fry high hats hovering around a small hydroid covered rock.
Were so tiny I was shooting something under the rock when I finally noticed them. Near to impossible to get one in focus, looked like gnats!

Last night, 70-72 degrees, 5-7 foot milky vis but nudies all over.
Dusting off drysuit!:cold:
John
ps: Kevin now get busy....

Attachments

• BHB-201301278345.jpg
    BHB-201301278345.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 212
Snoot Sample

In trying to make bad conditions more challenging, we tried a snoot and 105 lens....BHB-201303099427.jpgBHB-201303099437.jpg
threw in last one to help Kevin get motivated.....:handball:
John

Attachments

• BHB-201208199476.jpg
    BHB-201208199476.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 220
There were 5 or 6 of these super juvie sans fry high hats hovering around a small hydroid covered rock.
Were so tiny I was shooting something under the rock when I finally noticed them. Near to impossible to get one in focus, looked like gnats!

That's just sick. You can see those little flaky sections that are so good to eat. Surely that was with that fold-over diopter thingy, no?

threw in last one to help Kevin get motivated
John

Almost hope I *don't* find my own baby jack-knife. Kinda nice to have something to strive toward. :) I'm already *used* to not finding (hoarded) froggies. . .

Last edited:
Almost hope I *don't* find my own baby jack-knife. Kinda nice to have something to strive toward. :) I'm already *used* to not finding (hoarded) froggies. . .
My eyes are an ocean in which my dreams
are reflected....Anna M. Uhlich.

Common knowledge, there are no frogfish at BHB....
unless you look, fold over diopter thingy helps:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom