Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
any word on the viz today?
Vis today was about 15 feet, at most. Water temp was 70 degrees. But more importantly, there were two divers collecting on the west side. So please be very careful what you post here, and ensure that no one can figure out the location of special subjects by your description or images. It is really sad that a few people are always selfish enough to spoil it for everyone else.

At the bridge today at about 9am. Could barely see the bottom from the fishing pier 10" from the park bulkhead. Decided not to dive. I would appreciate a viz report if you dive today. Thanks.

Sigh....all right. I'll start off by saying DiveBob8's smarter than me. Viz was about 6', dropping to about 3' when the tide changed...and 69 degrees.

A couple of sea hares (and a few dead ones), a batfish, some eels, and on the snorkel trail - the usual suspects. I took three pictures that I'll download later.

Did I mention that Divebob8 is smarter than me?

I did have fun.

Bill is being generous. I'd say viz was around 5 ft at the beginning and dropped to 2 ft or less when the tide changed.

Lots of dead sea hares. The Black Atlantic kind - one at least 10" long. No signs of foul play.

And yes, we did have fun. So there's that.

p.s. Two not dead sea hares:
3 15 13 1.jpg 3 15 13 2.jpg

Last edited:
Sigh....all right. I'll start off by saying DiveBob8's smarter than me. Viz was about 6', dropping to about 3' when the tide changed...and 69 degrees.

A couple of sea hares (and a few dead ones), a batfish, some eels, and on the snorkel trail - the usual suspects. I took three pictures that I'll download later.

Did I mention that Divebob8 is smarter than me?

I did have fun.
Ok. I've had my chuckle for the evening. ................now to go down memory lane.........more than a year ago I passed you in my car in the parking lot after I had just experienced about 0-2' viz. I shouted out to you what the story was.........and then you said........

Damn Bill, will we ever meet face to face? Arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!

like two ships....passing in no viz....

Fate demands we get to dive together...it'll happen. But I'm diving Lauderdale tomorrow and probably not coming back to BHB until viz reports improve...or the BBs twist my arm.

Bill is being generous. I'd say viz was around 5 ft at the beginning and dropped to 2 ft or less when the tide changed.

Lots of dead sea hares. The Black Atlantic kind - one at least 10" long. No signs of foul play.

And yes, we did have fun. So there's that.

View attachment 150113 View attachment 150114

Thanks Joanie. I saw that black thing the other day and didn't know what it was.
Yeah...Getting wet is usually a good thing. Besides you need to keep those gills from drying out.

Happy Birthday Kevin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom