Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never, ever saw one swimming. Very cool All.

Thanks for the 'heads up'. But its weird, youtube won't let me change the syndication setting to allow viewing on mobile devices. Probably because of the music tracks I used in the video.

I'll be on a desktop at work tomorrow. Will take a look then. Thanks for trying.

---------- Post added April 30th, 2013 at 08:48 PM ----------

Just call to sign up? I've never done a night dive. I did buy a torch light for my AOW. Besides some sort of marker light on the tank, would else do I need or need to know?

Everything you normally bring plus a primary light, a backup light and markers as you mentioned. BHB is a great night dive but if this is your first, I would advise you to ask the diver from Force-e if you can tag along, chances are you'll see more stuff then on your own and it will serve as a good introduction to night dives at BHB.

Last edited:
Everything you normally bring plus a primary light, a backup light and markers as you mentioned. BHB is a great night dive but if this is your first, I would advise you to ask the diver from Force-e if you can tag along, chances are you'll see more stuff then on your own and it will serve as a good introduction to night dives at BHB.

Kind of what I was thinking. I don't want to do any night boat dives as a first. In the classification of primary light and back up light, I'm assuming my Princeton Tec League 100 torch would be considered a backup. Can I just carry two of these? I just dropped a huge deposit on buying a house and have no budget for an expensive primary light at the moment. Which then poses the question, what makes a light worthy of being called a primary? Then if we put this in the context of the bridge, would 2 torches be enough?

I appreciate the insight!

Chris

Kind of what I was thinking. I don't want to do any night boat dives as a first. In the classification of primary light and back up light, I'm assuming my Princeton Tec League 100 torch would be considered a backup.

Depends on the application. In the context of clear tropical waters that light is plenty.

Can I just carry two of these?
Definitely

I just dropped a huge deposit on buying a house and have no budget for an expensive primary light at the moment. Which then poses the question, what makes a light worthy of being called a primary? Then if we put this in the context of the bridge, would 2 torches be enough? I appreciate the insight!

Chris

Again, it depends on context. Do you want a back up to keep your dive going without turning it? Do you need it just to get out of a cave? etc. In the context of the BHB, almost any uw light will do the trick

Again, it depends on context. Do you want a back up to keep your dive going without turning it? Do you need it just to get out of a cave? etc. In the context of the BHB, almost any uwlight will do the trick

Exactly what I was hoping. I'll make sure to get something more powerful if I do a night boat dive.

This is my tank light:
Innovative Lazer Light Stick LT-0015 with reviews at scuba.com I have the red flashing as does my wive. Make sure you take it apart, clean the o ring and relube it before use.

I have two Princeton Tek LED lights, one uses C and the other uses AA. That is all you would ever need.

Not to mention if you have strobes for your camera, most of those have focus lights that work fine.

---------- Post added May 1st, 2013 at 12:54 PM ----------

And from a scaring fish away perspective, get a red lenses to cover the light.

I'd say you are set for boat dives as well. Even for a night boat dive here in Florida, this is what I use --> 125 lumens light or a 220 lumens light

Anything more powerful scares life away.

Oh ok, I just assumed you had to have one of those big bright lights with the gun style handle. I ordered one of these for my dive flag: Amazon.com: Fantasea Nano Spotter Led Light Diving Torch: Kitchen & Dining

I was considering one of these as a primary: Amazon.com: Magicshine 810E SCUBA Diving LED Flashlight 1000 Lumens 10W w/ Batteries and Charger: Everything Else

On the other end of the spectrum, there are some divers that will turn off their lights underwater. :wink:

I use the same light as ConchyJoe on my dive flag but have this light

Water Activated Flashing Marker Lights

for my tank. I like that it is water activated so no worries about forgetting to turn on and basically no maintanance. The batteries are not replaceable but mine is three years old and still going. But I only get to do a few night dives a year, less then 10.

I have the Princeton Miniwave as primary but also experimenting with the Big Blue CF250 as primary for the bridge and always dive with my Tovatec Compact light with the strobe option, day or night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom