Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome back Joannie! Hope you had a great trip.
We passed on this Sunday night, chores on boat ran late and we will be using it this week with luck so had to prioritize.
Jenny-
NO idea what that is, but I have invested time on things my sighted partner later assured me were sesssile weed or rubbish, can't hit it out of the park if you don't swing though!!!!
Want to get back and improve on my juvie dolphin, video was horrendous, rapid bobbing at surface and general inability to see focus in monitor is no way to go.
Felt slightly better reading up on other videotogs far better than myself have crashed and and burned on similar situations.
Always bring a still photog just in case......
NEXT TIME!!!!!
John

and who was the gas hog? :D

(here's your opening for a bit of bragging...)

Those two make me feel so woefully inadequate ... 2 1/2 hour dive and they each still had over 1200 psi. Fortunately my spotter abilities make up for my air hogginess.

Welcome back Joannie! Hope you had a great trip.

Thank you! It was a beyond-all-expectations trip. Especially the last day when we had over 30 whales breaching all around us. BUT - after 2 1/2 weeks away - there is no place like home sweet home.

And make no mistake, Jet is hardly an air hog... though she did keep trying to steal her flag back. :D

For everyone who asked - I just privately emailed the BHB species list to all I had email addresses for. If you did not receive it's because you didn't PM me an address.

I also sent the pdf to Jenny. She is going to turn it into something that can be posted here.

inlet 20 years ago.jpg

Sandra just found this.....an old film shot of the wall of the Nav channel of Palm Beach Inlet --about half way in to the inlet. It is still full of like today, but 20 years ago there was easy access...today this is hard to find a way to dive.

Wow, Dan, that is really a lush reef, and right there in the inlet! Nice.

Thanks Jet! It's an impressive list to be sure, I am very motivated to look for all 6 species of searobin.

Fantastic night dive Sunday with demo lights and SB divers! I never would have guessed bristle worms are luminescent under any light or how many of them are weaving in and out of the sand beneath my notice. Marine life never ceases to amaze!

For everyone who asked - I just privately emailed the BHB species list to all I had email addresses for. If you did not receive it's because you didn't PM me an address.

I also sent the pdf to Jenny. She is going to turn it into something that can be posted here.

Sunday night was a BHB night dive night. I swung by Pura Vida with Jimw, DiveDivaDM, and JellyFishJoy for the Light & Motion demo. It was pretty tough taking pictures with my point and shoot, but I got a couple of good ones.

Light & Motion was nice enough to let us borrow luminescent lights for the dive. The lights shine dark blue and then you wear a yellow filter over your mask. I got one for my camera as well. I know I was expecting to get in the water and see a world glowing and unfortunately there wasn't much that glowed at the dive site. But that doesn't mean there aren't things that don't glow. I just got my photo's off my camera and here's a couple gems.

This first photo is just as we started the dive. The sun was up. This is a picture of a sea horse that Jimw has a good habit of finding 5 minutes into the dive (I swear he's done this every time I've got in the water with him). No light, so you can see the yellow filter in action. Yes, it is VERY yellow.

IMG_0605.jpg

Now for some night action with the lights...
IMG_0617.jpgIMG_0620.jpgIMG_0621.jpgIMG_0624.jpgIMG_0633.jpgIMG_0634.jpgIMG_0640.jpg

The last one is a horseshoe crab. We were just about to exit the water, literally standing up when he was pointed out to me. To my surprise, he was glowing. I have some videos as well, but not the time to process them right now.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom