Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pura Vida is sponsoring night dives Sat and Sun... They close at 5pm today, so you have to be there by then to get parking pass and sign waivers.

Vis was a lot better this morning than on Thursday. 20-25' or so where we were Should be good for the night dive. Pics to come later. Nice to meet several regulars this morning!

Here's some recent pics from this weekend:

IMG_0486.jpgIMG_0517.jpgIMG_0507.jpgIMG_0512.jpgIMG_0537.jpgIMG_0550.jpgIMG_0545.jpg

I couldn't figure out what this was. Part of it looked like it was spinning in a circular motion. This is the best shot I could get of it.
IMG_0494.jpg

So I'm swimming along the snorkel trail when my flag gets caught up in something... WTF? I turn around and a ROPE is dropping on me. What the heck? So I followed it and ended up surfacing to figure out the full story. It was a line anchoring a kayak to this boat. No regard for the reef whatsoever.
IMG_0523.jpgIMG_0522.jpgIMG_0524.jpg

Like a tornado, a class came flying through. Holy smokes watch out!!
IMG_0534.jpg

At the east bridge there was this horrendous noise. The water was vibrating, divers started grouping up, and everyone looked at each other with question marks... I decided it was time to get out early. When I reached the beach, within a couple of minutes, 3 small boats were crossing under the bridge. This guy started yelling at me when I raised my hands at him...
IMG_0554.jpg

lm-demo-night.jpg

Light & Motion has joined together with Pura Vida Divers to showcase their complete line of underwater lights during our upcoming night dives. Best of all, you will get the opportunity to test these amazing lights for yourself during your dives.

From their SOLA 500 to their SOLA 4000, Light & Motion has the perfect light for your diving, underwater photography, and filming needs. Come check out their latest addition to their SOLA dive light series — the SOLA NightSea series.

With the use of a special mask filter, this light allows you to see the amazing fluorescence produced by marine life. Once you try a night dive with this light you will be hooked! Finding hidden creatures on the reef is a lot easier with this unique florescent underwater light.

Join us for the Light & Motion dive lights demo nights:
July 21st, 2013 :: Blue Heron bridge night dive at 7:15PM.

Call us at (561) 840-8750 for more details

It was wonderful to get back up there this morning for a dawn dive with the Crusty Dude and a fellow BB. Also great to run into old and new friends. Surprisingly busy for so early on a Sunday morning.

Viz was 25-30 ft until the tide changed, my Suunto had 81 degrees.

Typical dive with the J's: five sh's, two ff (Sorry Kevin), free swimming stargazer, the usual cast of fishy characters and the piece de resistance for me: a nurse shark! In all my dives at the bridge I have only seen two, and always too quick for a pic. This one was actually happy to pose.

DSC01668.jpg DSC01682.jpg DSC01702.jpg

and who was the gas hog? :D

(here's your opening for a bit of bragging...)

Sweet dive this morning. Stargazer shot off from the bottom, and took a chance at a shot
1069223_10151534684688531_1675441964_n.jpg

And this thing, I thought it was a nudibranch, but now I am not sure. it was maybe 1/4" max. Only noticed it because it moved differently than the surrounding hydroids. any ideas?
1012381_10151534686078531_189760319_n.jpg

hope to look at the other photos later and see if I got anything decent to post..

---------- Post added July 21st, 2013 at 10:15 PM ----------

Good dive, good seeing my friends and met new ones. cool. another reason to love the bridge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom