Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the photos, thanks for sharing.
Looks like a juvi parrotfish of some sort.. didn't immediately recognize em..
attachment.php

He's about seven inches long, so I reckon he counts as an intermediate. It's a blue parrotfish. I once photographed one that was only three or four inches long. I've seen this guy a couple of times out near the end of the fishing pier.

awwhhh.. haven't been on that side for a looonnnnngggg time..

But, *I* ain't never got no ticket at the bridge. :D (so far. . .)
Whooaaaa, major jinx karma right there.......
We are headed there today 80% chance of rain or no....
John

Made it out to the BHB today, vis around 15'. Here is a few pics, didn't take very many today since I kept moving a fair amount to make things easier for my buddy who hasn't been diving for years. Got out of the water to a storm, and got to meet Jimw! Next time we'll chat longer!

Did see the smallest batfish I have ever seen and a bobbit worm among other things:

jpeg-0166.jpg jpeg-0177.jpg jpeg-0179.jpg jpeg-0175.jpg

Made it out to the BHB today, vis around 15'. Here is a few pics, didn't take very many today since I kept moving a fair amount to make things easier for my buddy who hasn't been diving for years. Got out of the water to a storm, and got to meet Jimw! Next time we'll chat longer!

Did see the smallest batfish I have ever seen and a bobbit worm among other things:

View attachment 160394 View attachment 160395 View attachment 160396 View attachment 160397

I'm still hoping to never see a bobbit worm. Could give me bad dreams.

Great stuff! :D Makes me wonder if batfish "noses" get smaller with age. . .

Oh, and I finally got around to uploading some pikeblenny video. Hard to decide whether I'm worse at taking or editing video. . . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oc5FiPt3g4U&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:
We saw the tinyest lionfish I have seen--maybe 1.5 inches long--thanks to MrChen for finding this and 2 spotted eels! Great to actually meet djtimmy--we have exchanged fishy intelligence and stayed on Bonaire about 100 yards apart the same week a couple of months ago--we were even on the same dive boat there once...........amazing!! And thanks to Mr Frogfish for hangin' with me until I got cold and moved on! I ran into Idive2 twice uw today and he saw the froggie as well--lightning and rain greeted me as I got out--fortunately no hits--AND, I found 2-2lb weights, that looked like they had been there for some time; just after our dive buddy needed them. What a nice dive day despite the rain and crappy viz!!

Please give location of said lionfish so the collectors that lurk on this thread know where it is. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom