Blue Heron Bridge Trolls

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^ LOL. I was on a safety stop with the DM in Cozumel. Nothing but sand below us. He points out a Green turtle. Where? There. Where, I don't see it? There.. I don't see it..

OH.. That turtle!!! The thing was huge.. :embarassed: How I missed it, I have no idea.. :shakehead:

Force E posted on Facebook about the great viz...but don't believe it! I saw under 10 feet the whole time. However, the moon jellies weren't as bad as some had said, they were easy to find but not so thick you were guaranteed to get hit.

It was fun, though, as night dives always are.

That nudi is gorgeious!:gr1::gr1:

any updates from last night? looking forward to tonight with PV around 7:30ish.

Crap viz, 78 degrees. Not much out, I didn't see any octopus hunting or horseshoe crabs. Nothing but very small crabs and shrimp running around. The Jellies were cool to light up with a flashlight. I was just picking up trash during the dive. I still had a good time, but I won't be going tonight.

Yes, went last night as MrChen says vis was poor, I'd say 5 feet though I had 81 degrees.
We found lots of cool nudies, mating crabs and a large seahare someone was nice enough to point out that took flight a few minutes after.
Made for some fun video.
The jellies were very thick and I got another slew of stings.
If you check all that sargasso weed waist deep by the kayak launch it was loaded with juvenile fish, also free swimming fire worms and lots of stinging bits!
John

I had 81 degrees last nite as well. We saw several batches of tiny triggers and had a tiny jack accompanying our buddy, hung around for some time on his tank and among the hoses--sometimes on his head!! I estimated 10 ft of viz too-we also saw a dead small Southern ray, the bristleworms were WORKING-not going tonight on the dive Pura Vida is sponsoring--so, everyone else should; as the viz is SURE to improve! Remember PV closes at 6pm.

August 20th, 2013 Conditions Repport:

10-15ft vis and 82 degree water this morning. There was a manatee too! Did anyone else see the manatee?

Attachments

• 130422-182046-0061.jpg
    130422-182046-0061.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 77
  • 130422-181146-0053.jpg
    130422-181146-0053.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Yes, went last night as MrChen says vis was poor, I'd say 5 feet though I had 81 degrees.
We found lots of cool nudies, mating crabs and a large seahare someone was nice enough to point out that took flight a few minutes after.
Made for some fun video.
The jellies were very thick and I got another slew of stings.
If you check all that sargasso weed waist deep by the kayak launch it was loaded with juvenile fish, also free swimming fire worms and lots of stinging bits!
John

What side did you go on? The Jellies didn't seem that bad on the west and were thickest near the shoreline. I did register 80 degrees when I checked during the dive, but post dive my computer said 78. I must have hit a cold patch during the tide change or something? Who knows.

Saw the dead Ray that Jimw mentioned. Also saw a 4 legged starfish. I hadn't seen that one before and it was actively crawling which made it even cooler.

Make sure to post that video.

---------- Post added August 21st, 2013 at 07:16 AM ----------

August 20th, 2013 Conditions Repport:

10-15ft vis and 82 degree water this morning. There was a manatee too! Did anyone else see the manatee?

Cool, where did you see it?

Is anyone planning on going out on Saturday? My buddy just bailed on me. Inbox me if you don't mind me tagging along. Thanks all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom